2»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Thank you all so much for thinking about Pete and our
    family.

Long story short .. as you all know I can go on, and on.

Wednesday Surgery for 'Iris' and Lens @10:45 a.m. -- left our home, picked up my mom on the way out to Beverly Hills .. Wonderful staff, very compassionate staff. My mom did provide many humorous moments during Pete's 2.5 hour surgery. I did not get a chance to speak with Pete's surgeon (UGH), as he was running behind -- Long drive home ...arrived home at 5:30 p.m. -- drugged Pete up, and put him to sleep. Alexandra and her boyfriend went to dinner and a show, so I had a few hours to myself -- cried for the first 2 -- sheer exhaustion.

Today's appointment provided information that Pete 'iris' is in tack .. corrective lens will keep things in place, Pete will need 6 to 8 weeks to heal from this surgery, before addressing Pete's eye pressure issues with Dr. Assil --. Detached renal issue will be addressed with Dr. Gallemore of Torrance on Wednesday 6/22 .. ..

I am seriously excited at the thought of having to go "NO" where tomorrow. 4 trips to Beverly Hills and back in 7 days (5 plus hours of traffic each day) is more than anyone should have to endure .. during any stress filled times. LOL

Pete is home, safe and sound .. I did not go postal, and shoot up any fellow drivers .. so will rest up, celebrate life and Father's Day .. and go another round, next week.

THANK YOU ALL .. so much for thinking about my family, and keeping us in good thoughts and prayers --it means the WORLD to me.

Vicki Sam

Good to hear that so far, so
    Good to hear that so far, so good. You and he will continue to be in my prayers. Hoping all will progress well.
    Stef
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    VickiSam
    I hope your 'no go' day was peaceful. I do hope that Pete continues to do well. Keep us posted. And, actually, it's you that rocks!!!

Sue
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-)
    Vicki that sounds like good news, the fact that his iris is in tack is great to hear. I am glad he is resting comfortably and I am glad you had a good cry (it's good to get the release a good cry provides). I have been watching for this post as I have had you in my thoughts and prayers since I first read this. Big Hugs my friend, glad things are improving.

RE

Sounds like good news
    Sounds like good news VickiSam! Praying he will heal and everything else will resolve easily.

Hugs, Jan
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Good to hear that so far, so
    Good to hear that so far, so good. You and he will continue to be in my prayers. Hoping all will progress well.
    Stef

Thanks for the update! I
    Thanks for the update! I will keep praying for your husband and I am wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Sue :)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

You .. Girls ROCK!
    Thank you for the continued support, and good wishes! Warms my heart to know that you are keeping track me in your thoughts and prayers.

Vicki Sam

Happy for your good news!
    Happy for your good news! Have a great weekend!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Sounds like good news, Vicki Sam
    Whew! Hope Pete is resting well and doing whatever he's supposed to do. What a horrible freak accident - happily with a good end.

Suzanne

Such good news VickiSam!
    Such good news VickiSam! Praying for your husband!