NCCN guidelines

Double Whammy
Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
edited June 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
Does everyone know that you can access the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology? You have to establish an account, but it's very straightforward. Their flow charts are easy to understand even tho they are meant for clinicians. They often will help either set your mind at ease or provide additional information when you're feeling uncomfortable about your treatments.

Here's the link: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp

Suzanne

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Thank you. I went back and
    Thank you. I went back and re-read the guidelines for my dx. It's comforting to know my doc followed and continues to follow them.

It's also a good site to look for clinical trials for those who are interested.

Hugs,

Linda
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    I was in there
    I was in there the other day because I heard they are now reccomending that all Tripple Negative Breast Cancer patients get tested for the BCRA1 and BCRA2 gene. This is a subset of people who can pass on the gene to thier kids. I could not find proof of the reccomendation after some time of navigating the site. However, when I told my MO that they were reccomending this now he wrote up a refferall for such. Right now my computer is down so I will not be on the net as much until I get it fixed.