Finally started rads today

Options
2»

Comments

• BMS
    BMS Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Yay, Dawne!
    So glad it is going pretty well so far for you. I will be DONE with my 33 rads tomorrow!!! Yay! Very little burning through all of this. The Aveeno and cortisone cream helped. The area that I am getting the boosters (right where my lumpectomy was done) hasn't burned at all. It's barely even pink. The time does go by so quickly and you, too, will be done before you know it.

Bonnie
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    BMS said:

Yay, Dawne!
    So glad it is going pretty well so far for you. I will be DONE with my 33 rads tomorrow!!! Yay! Very little burning through all of this. The Aveeno and cortisone cream helped. The area that I am getting the boosters (right where my lumpectomy was done) hasn't burned at all. It's barely even pink. The time does go by so quickly and you, too, will be done before you know it.

Bonnie

Bonnie is right Dawne, the
    Bonnie is right Dawne, the time does go by fast. I can tell I must be getting near the end of my graduating class because the guy I usually see in the slot before me graduated today and the gentleman behind me is done next week. Ha... then I will be top dog to all them rookies. LOL

I had treatment 22 today and had to get a script for biofine as the burning under my boob area was getting pretty intense. I already got some of that slathered on as I type... I'm glad to hear you are doing well buddy. Hey are you on Facebook at all? If so look me up.. there aren't too many Rumpfs on there and my pic is pink.

I pray your journey continues positively... You sure have the attitude.

Hugs my friend,
    Lorrie
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Dawne,
    My radiologist said

Dawne,

My radiologist said he was surprised that I didn't really burn because I was fair-skinned. Now I did get red enough at the end that I started peeling, but it was like a sunburn. Also, my doctor gave me a prescription for cream that was very good.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Dawne
    Hoping that rads goes quickly. Mine did. Also hoping you don't have any issues with burning. Keep using the cream and I hope all goes well!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    poplolly said:

Dawne,
    My radiologist said

Dawne,

My radiologist said he was surprised that I didn't really burn because I was fair-skinned. Now I did get red enough at the end that I started peeling, but it was like a sunburn. Also, my doctor gave me a prescription for cream that was very good.

Good luck Dawne and keep
    Good luck Dawne and keep your creams on! That is my best advice!

Lex
  • Alexis F
    Options
    poplolly said:

Dawne,
    My radiologist said

Dawne,

Good luck Dawne and keep

Lex
  • Alexis F
    Options
    poplolly said:

Dawne,
    My radiologist said

Dawne,

Good luck Dawne and keep

Lex
  • Alexis F
    Options
    poplolly said:

Dawne,
    My radiologist said

Dawne,

Good luck Dawne and keep
    Good luck Dawne and keep your creams on! That's my best advice.

Lex
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Dawne
    Hoping that rads goes quickly. Mine did. Also hoping you don't have any issues with burning. Keep using the cream and I hope all goes well!
    {{hugs}} Char

I am hoping that you are
    I am hoping that you are doing well with rads Dawne! Good luck!
  • irish9085
    irish9085 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    radiation "sunburn"
    I finished my 25 3D radiation treatments on 6/9/11. I thought I would get pretty red because I am so fair, but I didn't even get pink! I had no reaction of any kind. I used Biofine a few times, but forgot to most of the time. My doctor even said we'd forego my 2 week post radiation follow-up appt, and for me to just call her if I did get a reaction I was concerned about. She said she had NEVER done that before. She was amazed. I still haven't had a reaction. So you may not. Good luck!
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Hi Dawne,
    I know everyone is different, but if it helps any here are my "two cents"!
    I am a natural born redhead, with pale slightly freckly skin. I figured that I would be toast! I had 35 treatments including four "boost" treatments. My skin got real pink and sort of dry (like a regular sunburn). But no blisters, no open skin, and the pinkness went away after I stopped (about two weeks later). I used aquaphor, too.
    Best of luck! Hope you breeze on through it all! REST!
    Sybil