Tykerb

BMS
BMS Member Posts: 127
Has anyone else been hearing the news about this drug? It is supposedly most effective on triple negative diagnoses when given in conjunction with Herceptin. Just wondering what anyone else has heard or experienced. I have e-mailed my MO about it. My PCP actually called me when he read an article.

Bonnie

Comments

• 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Tykreb
    I took Tykreb as a part of a clinical trial for HER2+ patients. As part of the trial I took Tykreb (lapatinib) daily and I also received Herceptin and taxol weekly for 12 weeks. I found the Tykreb really easy to tolerate and I really didn't experience any side effects from the drug. I am not triple negative but I do know that Tykreb is used often for brain mets because it passes through the blood brain barrier. I hope this helps Love Surf
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Tykreb
    I took Tykreb as a part of a clinical trial for HER2+ patients. As part of the trial I took Tykreb (lapatinib) daily and I also received Herceptin and taxol weekly for 12 weeks. I found the Tykreb really easy to tolerate and I really didn't experience any side effects from the drug. I am not triple negative but I do know that Tykreb is used often for brain mets because it passes through the blood brain barrier. I hope this helps Love Surf

I haven't heard of this,
    I haven't heard of this, but, I saw on the news the other night about a breakthrough for breast cancer with a aromasin. Have you heard of that? I thought aromasin had been around for awhile. Maybe I should google it.