Options
2»

Comments

• DanaM
    DanaM Member Posts: 29
    Options
    JimboC said:

I am so so sorry to hear
    I am so so sorry to hear about how tough a time the Billy had. I do appreciate that you shared his experience so that we can learn. I will request that Dr. Luketich be the only one to do the procedure. I am alright with residents observing but not performing the procedure. I will make sure to make that specification well known.

As for the clinicians, I work at a hospital and I always thought we provided excellent patient care. It wasn't until I became sick with this horrible disease that I had the privilege to experience it first hand. If it were not for the MIE not being offered here, I would have no problem at all having the surgery here. Our clinicians are top notch and treat patients like the kings and queens they should be treated like. I work in Information Services and it made me feel better about doing my job seeing the great work they do. I just wish every hospital was staffed with the caring people like ours.

I so much appreciate the fact you shared this. You are right, we do take for granted that the surgeon we go to will be the one to perform the procedure. I do feel that this procedure and Pittsburgh presents the best chance I have for survival it's just as I get closer, I get cold feet. ;) I am so so nervous about this.

Do you know anything about the Pastoral services at UPMC? I would like someone to come over and say a word before I go under. I expect to be prepared to meet the Lord just in case. I know we always should be but it never hurts to make sure. ;)

Thanks again and please give my best to Billy in hopes of a speedy recovery and that the worst is behind you all.

Pastoral Care/Chapel
    http://www.upmc.com/HospitalsFacilities/Hospitals/Presbyterian/PatientsVisitors/duringyourstay/Pages/Pastoral-Care.aspx
    Jimbo-Here is the link for Pastoral services at Presby. There is also a small chapel on the 1st floor. When you go up the escalator, hang a U turn. You can also write your prayers in a booklet in the chapel and the pastoral care staff prays your written concerns when they meet for prayer. Thank you for your well wishes. It's getting a little better every day. I do feel in my spirit that you will be fine. I will keep you in prayer. I promise. I'm really glad you're going to clarify the issue of who will be performing the procedure on you. It makes me feel like what I went thru was not in vain. I want other people to make informed consents, to at least be given that opportunity. I know you will be OK-but I'll be praying you up, nonetheless. xoxox God Bless.