Options
2»

Comments

• arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Tired of Holding Back....
    You guys need to get this under control...I'm really trying to hold back.... I have a ton of jokes that I've been holding back on...

All of this talk of constipation, being stubborn about eating, high fevers...., man it's all I can do...

I am one of the Abi-Normal and my imagination and sense of humor is killin me....

Hurry up and get this turned around so I can start cutting them....ooops, see they just start slipping out....Oh Man, I need to get off of here for awhile...

Thoughts and Prayers,
    John

@ Skiffin16
    Bring them on... I have a great sense of humor and I will not be offended.. I need a good laugh..
  • arndog64
    Options
    mwellsg said:

I agree with Skiffin
    I lost 25 pounds and they threatened to stop my treatments if I didn't start eating. I hated the nutrition drinks too, but I learned quick to get 6 of them of down a day. I know he feels like crap, but the sooner her eats, the sooner her gets through treatment and the sooner he gets through this thing. I'm eight weeks out now, have gained back 10 pounds and am feeling great.

he's 2 weeks out
    He is 2 weeks out and has been sick or had problems just about everday and I beleive it's the lack of nutrition combined with all the treatments. This girl is tired..I work everyday and run back and forth from work to home to hospital then from hospital to home to work. See I am loosing my frigging mind.. God that felt good!!!! LMAO
  • KareGiver
    KareGiver Member Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    arndog64 said:

he's 2 weeks out
    He is 2 weeks out and has been sick or had problems just about everday and I beleive it's the lack of nutrition combined with all the treatments. This girl is tired..I work everyday and run back and forth from work to home to hospital then from hospital to home to work. See I am loosing my frigging mind.. God that felt good!!!! LMAO

Moving forward
    Yeah! And girl, I know you are tired too. Thinking of BOTH of you and hope this gets taken care of today. You'll be amazed once the nutrition gets on the right track how much better he feels. By the way, my husband has been using (generic) pedialyte through his tube to help with hydration (he's not crazy about Gatorade). Ask the nurses about that perhaps.
    And you are sooo right, there's nothing like a good bm ;) (hold on John!)
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    KareGiver said:

Moving forward
    Yeah! And girl, I know you are tired too. Thinking of BOTH of you and hope this gets taken care of today. You'll be amazed once the nutrition gets on the right track how much better he feels. By the way, my husband has been using (generic) pedialyte through his tube to help with hydration (he's not crazy about Gatorade). Ask the nurses about that perhaps.
    And you are sooo right, there's nothing like a good bm ;) (hold on John!)

Same Ol Crap
    I'm a trying...., but so far there is no crap......

Tell the hubby that the entire forum is waiting for him...to crap so we can relax. He's making all of us uptight also.

JG
  • arndog64
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Same Ol Crap
    I'm a trying...., but so far there is no crap......

Tell the hubby that the entire forum is waiting for him...to crap so we can relax. He's making all of us uptight also.

JG

That is funny
    Thank you, I needed that laugh.. I am cracking up.. I am going to see him in a few.
    He just texted me " hey lady bring me some huggies.. LMAO..
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    arndog64 said:

That is funny
    Thank you, I needed that laugh.. I am cracking up.. I am going to see him in a few.
    He just texted me " hey lady bring me some huggies.. LMAO..

DEPENDS
    You need to make sure you just tell him, DEPENDS....

~JG
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    arndog64 said:

he's 2 weeks out

arndog

I too live with constipation but it is all from the medications I take to keep the fluid from swelling in the brain. I find that I will do just about anything to have a good old fashion bowel movement (Sh_t). Sometimes I don’t mind it as it makes me think I am putting on some weight but when I do have one all the weight goes with it. Do what ever it takes to keep his system moving, it is very importance in his healing process to get right of the waste the body don’t need.

Hondo
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Hondo said:

arndog

I too live with constipation but it is all from the medications I take to keep the fluid from swelling in the brain. I find that I will do just about anything to have a good old fashion bowel movement (Sh_t). Sometimes I don’t mind it as it makes me think I am putting on some weight but when I do have one all the weight goes with it. Do what ever it takes to keep his system moving, it is very importance in his healing process to get right of the waste the body don’t need.

Hondo

Skiffin
    Skiffin - You ain't right in the head :>)

I remember when I was undergoing treatment and living on soup and Weight Gain 2000. Sitting in the bead one morning and it dawned on me that I hadn't had a BM in over two weeks. I decided to sit on the throne and I was determined to pass something. Being a single man at the time and my kids being at work I didn't need to worry about the grunts and groans which I expressed loudly enough to scare the dog off the porch..I WAS GOING TO PASS SOMETHING. Well it felt like someone had shoved a quart jar up me but 45 minutes into the battle my ears picked up the joyful "plink" of something hitting the water.

Ha, I'd won, victory was mine. When I stood up to feast my eyes on this elusive and fearsome warrior I was welcomed with a pea sized (literaly) villian sitting all alone in that vast pool of toilet water.

I hung my head in shame, got back in bed and waited for nature to take it's natural course.

I too await your good news!
  • Daddisgrl
    Daddisgrl Member Posts: 116
    Options
    I was trying to figure out
    I was trying to figure out how to message you with my email in case you needed to vent because I've been through what you're going through & it's going to take a lot of strength & patience on your part to deal with this. Mine was like this- once his taste buds changed; he didn't want to eat by mouth period. He was depressed.

We also had constipation from pain killers; stomach spasms from the tube as well as gas & reflux. You need to keep the stool softeners going; another good one was Digestive aid which I got from Walmart which prevents gas- I wish someone would have told me about it because we both suffered due to it. Nexium for acid reflux which he's probably going to have.

My hub would not put liquid in the tube because it went straight to his bladder & in the end; this probably saved him because it meant he was still swallowing something to keep the muscles going. Everything he drank was room temp. I've spoken to a lot of people that did not drink nor did they try to eat & they have swallow problems which means the peg stays in longer. My hub had his in for a total of 5 months- it was done with his tonsil & radical neck dissection 6 weeks before treatment- so he used it about 3 months.

If you do need to talk; Marine has my email addy.
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Greend said:

Skiffin
    Skiffin - You ain't right in the head :>)

I remember when I was undergoing treatment and living on soup and Weight Gain 2000. Sitting in the bead one morning and it dawned on me that I hadn't had a BM in over two weeks. I decided to sit on the throne and I was determined to pass something. Being a single man at the time and my kids being at work I didn't need to worry about the grunts and groans which I expressed loudly enough to scare the dog off the porch..I WAS GOING TO PASS SOMETHING. Well it felt like someone had shoved a quart jar up me but 45 minutes into the battle my ears picked up the joyful "plink" of something hitting the water.

Ha, I'd won, victory was mine. When I stood up to feast my eyes on this elusive and fearsome warrior I was welcomed with a pea sized (literaly) villian sitting all alone in that vast pool of toilet water.

I hung my head in shame, got back in bed and waited for nature to take it's natural course.

I too await your good news!

Abi-Normal
    I'm one of a few belonging to the Abi-Normal Clan...I confess.

Green, actually you reminded me (guess the green) about the pistachio commercials on now.....like the one with R. Lee Ermey, he does it with intimidation ...

~JG