Low hemoglobin

Options
Lori_VA
Lori_VA Member Posts: 16 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to keep your hemoglobin from dropping? I'm having a tough time keeping mine at an appropriate level. I need to do this without transfusions so that I can continue on my medicine. Also, I'm trying to transition to the Anti-Cancer diet. I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Rewriter
    Rewriter Member Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Iron-rich foods
    I took two tablespoons of blackstrap molasses daily and ate tons of such iron-rich foods as spinach, lentils, and almonds. Search the Internet for a list of foods high in iron and an explanation of heme and non-heme iron and their respective levels of absorption. If you are having so much trouble with hemoglobin levels, I would recommend eating some grass-fed beef.

Good luck.

Jill
  • Sara Zipora
    Sara Zipora Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Iron
    My husband and I were OD-ing on spinach and chick liver, just move red to Servan Schreiber anti cancer diet and found cod liver in a can. Hemo still 10 after four months post Chemo, hope this helps.
    Keep on trying.
    Good luck let me know if you found the magic bullet.
    Sara
  • Lori_VA
    Lori_VA Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Iron
    My husband and I were OD-ing on spinach and chick liver, just move red to Servan Schreiber anti cancer diet and found cod liver in a can. Hemo still 10 after four months post Chemo, hope this helps.
    Keep on trying.
    Good luck let me know if you found the magic bullet.
    Sara

Thanks to both of you
    Thank you both for the suggestions. I have started taking the molasses and will see if I can find the cod liver. Take care and stay healthy.