My Father is suffering from adenocarcinoma of stomach cancer

salian2008
salian2008 Member Posts: 1
my name is prashwin salian and i am from india, my father is 64 year old and suffering from adenocarcinoma of stomach cancer and he is 4th stage(cancer has already spread to his lungs & liver) and i just wanted to check is there any survival chance at 4th stage and or any ways to extend his life, doctors have said surgery is not possible, and please let me knowis there any treatment and what are diets.

Comments

• nehme
    nehme Member Posts: 3
    Hello, Prashwin.
    So sorry to

Hello, Prashwin.
    So sorry to hear about your father. My father was also diagnosed with stomach cancer but has not spread like your father. Mine is 77 yrs old. I pray that your father will find healing and for strength for both of you and your family.
    I also lost my sister who was 43 yrs old about three years ago. Cancer is so new to our family. I am not writing with any answers. I am sure I don't know any more than your doctors and what I read on internet.
    My father just had gastrectomy surgery yesterday removing all of his stomach. I don't know if that was the answer but I had to listen to the doctors. It was our only option.

Again, I wish you all that is good. William. Nehme is my father.
  • nehme
    nehme Member Posts: 3
    Hello, Prashwin.
    So sorry to

Hello, Prashwin.
    So sorry to hear about your father. My father was also diagnosed with stomach cancer but has not spread like your father. Mine is 77 yrs old. I pray that your father will find healing and for strength for both of you and your family.
    I also lost my sister who was 43 yrs old about three years ago. Cancer is so new to our family. I am not writing with any answers. I am sure I don't know any more than your doctors and what I read on internet.
    My father just had gastrectomy surgery yesterday removing all of his stomach. I don't know if that was the answer but I had to listen to the doctors. It was our only option.

Again, I wish you all that is good. William. Nehme is my father.
  • maggie 2
    maggie 2 Member Posts: 6
    stomach cancer stage 4
    Hi,
    My sister also lives in India and she has been diagnosed with stage 4 too.. inoperable tumor and has spread to the lymph nodes. She had 3 cycles( 2 days) of chemo in Apollo in Chennai and 3 more (4 days) heavier dose in Ramakrishna hospital in Coimbatore. No improvements at all her condition is worsening now with nausea, vomiting, bloating and back pain.. the drs keep saying everything is alright and she is on only morphine and ayurvedic medicines. Our family is being strong for her. Hope you do the same for your father.He will be remembered in our prayers.
  • Husband diagnosed with Stomach cancer stage four
    My husband was just diagnosed. He just made 50. His cancer has spread to his bones but not in his lymph nodes or organs. He has had his second round of chemo. I am so sad to see so many people affected by this stomach cancer. Young and old. I am praying for a miracle. Hello to all of you.