Had my appt. with the chemo doctor yesterday and gyn/onc today. After a three month break from chemo, this after surgery and six rounds of carboplatin/taxol and a scan that showed a few small possible tumors in the abdomen. My CA 125 went up from 22.7 to 103, so I'm having a ct scan on Monday to see better what's happening. Today the gyn/onc said something that threw me for a bit....He was talking about the options people in my situation with Stage IV OVCA might take from here: Do nothing else so as to have a quality of life without the side effects of always being on and off of chemo, wait and watch until there are symptoms, continue with chemo no matter what. He said he would choose the first option for himself, and that's what threw me. I took it as his recommendation, but my husband didn't see it that way. He said that the doctor was telling me it was the choice of the individual and that is what his choice for himself would be, not necessarily for me. Now that I have stewed on it for a few hours, I decided that for me, the battle should go on. I did put up with the side effects of chemo, but they did not effect my quality of life except for that period of time. Other than the pain in the butt of having a colostomy bag, I am feeling better and healthier now than I have felt for years. Perhaps it's because of the surgery, chemo, and the healthier lifestyle I have adopted. I'm not ready to quit. Anyway, I would appreciate your good thoughts and prayers about the ct scan I'm having Monday the 6th and the direction I go from there.