Great Day

camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537
I was in bed this morning and got a phone call from a Sacramento number that I didn't recognize. It was my brother who moved to Tuscon a few years back but kept his CA cell. He was almost to Salt Lake City and he would pick me up for lunch with his wife, both whom I not only love, but like!

They are on their way to Yellowstone and decided to surprise me. They also rented a vacation home in Park City for a month in July/August so I will get to spend more time with him then. I heard last week from another brother who is coming in June for 3 days with his wife (I am closest to this one out of all of my brothers). Then a sister called and she is flying out to help me move in 3 weeks, and another sister is flying out in July while my son is out of town, so I won't be alone.

I am number 11 of twelve, with 10 of us still living. This really gives me something to look forward to. I really do feel blessed, and it takes pressure off both of my sons who were worried about me being alone while he was gone for 2 1/2 weeks. My married son and his wife were figuring out how he could juggle work, school, me and spending time with his wife while my younger one was away, so now he can just come and visit.

This all followed last weeks new chemo which was rough to say the least! And a phone call from my oldest brother who has Leukemia that he now has Small Cell Lymphoma, and my 25 year old son who has Essential Thrombocytosis that is morphing into something else. He is having tests on Friday with our MO to see what is going on with it!
So needless to say, this was a very welcome and happy visit!

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    This was a wonderful
    This was a wonderful surprise for you Carol and you so deserve it! I am so sorry that your chemo was so hard on you. I pray that it will get easier for you.

And, prayers for your oldest brother and your son.

Big hugs,

Jan
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    good news
    You know family can be such a blessing. I am glad that yours has been a blessing for you. Good luck (and prayers) with your son's morphing issue.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

good news
    You know family can be such a blessing. I am glad that yours has been a blessing for you. Good luck (and prayers) with your son's morphing issue.

What wonderful news!
    Sounds like you have an amazing family. I'm so happy for you and that fact that your family is all pulling together to be with you and provide you with physical and emotional support. That is truly priceless!

Hugs, Renee
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    missrenee said:

What wonderful news!
    Sounds like you have an amazing family. I'm so happy for you and that fact that your family is all pulling together to be with you and provide you with physical and emotional support. That is truly priceless!

Hugs, Renee

It sounds like your loved ones ... are coming
    at a perfect time -- I am happy that your family is circling the wagons around you and your son, during this very difficult time.

Gentle Hugs --- Carol. I will keep you in good thoughts, and prayers.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    It's so theraputic
    to have the love and support of good friends and family.

Thanks for sharing your happy news!

HUgs,

Sylvia
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    sea60 said:

It's so theraputic
    to have the love and support of good friends and family.

Thanks for sharing your happy news!

HUgs,

Sylvia

If anyone
    can use some good days lately, it's you!! I'm so glad your people are taking such good care of you.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    It is wonderful to hear how
    It is wonderful to hear how your family is rallying around you. Their presence is sure to bring much needed smiles, laughter, and good company. I will say a prayer for your son and brother.

Take care, God bless.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    That's a lot of brothers and
    That's a lot of brothers and sisters! It sounds like you all take care of each others, and I'm glad you have their support. Prayers are on the way for your son and brother.

Hugs,

Linda
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Isn't family wonderful?
    You sure do have a large one! It is so nice that they are coming to see you and giving you their support.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Ahhh
    I am so glad you have such loving support and surprise support that uplifted you when you needed it the most. I am also glad you boy's will not have to worry about mom knowing that you will be well cared for. Wonderful news indeed, I will be keeping you all in my prayers.

Hugs,

RE
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    RE said:

Ahhh
    I am so glad you have such loving support and surprise support that uplifted you when you needed it the most. I am also glad you boy's will not have to worry about mom knowing that you will be well cared for. Wonderful news indeed, I will be keeping you all in my prayers.

Hugs,

RE

Nice
    Nice you are getting a visit from your brother and his wife.What a surprise!!!!Then after this you will be having a few more visiting.What fun.And the one will be there for a month in July and Aug.AWESOME.

Last night we had a surprise.My husband's sister and her husband came in from Michigan to stay with his other sister.They called to meet for dinner.We all went out then back to my sister-in-laws house to chat. Alot of fun remembering the good old times.Also talking about family.Just catching up.

In the winter they all stay in AZ to get away from Ohio and MI cold temps .They want us to take our camper there when my husband retires and stay for months.Not sure about months but would like to for a few weeks.

Lynn Smith
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I could feel the love
    I could feel the love emanating from your family! Such a wonderful feeling to be loved and nurtured...

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    chenheart said:

I could feel the love
    I could feel the love emanating from your family! Such a wonderful feeling to be loved and nurtured...

Hugs,
    Chen♥

The love of family and
    The love of family and friends is amazing! I am so happy for you Carol!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Thanks everyone
    Amazing because sometimes it takes seeing them to realize how important they are in our lives.
    You are all a wealth of support!
    Carol
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    ladyg said:

Isn't family wonderful?
    You sure do have a large one! It is so nice that they are coming to see you and giving you their support.

Hugs,
    Georgia

You have a great family!
    You have a great family! Praying for you and your family.

Hugs, Angie