Roseaca.....Uggh!

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that it turns out my butterfly rash was diagnosed as Roseaca. Although I am glad it was not anything more serious, I am not a happy camper of another chronic disease to contend with.
If anyone has ANY suggestions or ways to cover it up or has delt with this, I would love to hear about it and your experience. I am on oral antibiotics, but they haven't seemed to help yet (It's been almost a month). My face stings sometimes and the only thing I have found that noticably effects me is the sun. So I guess I will start looking at wide brimmed hats as a fashion accessary!!
Other then this lastest bump in the road, I am doing good. Hope all of you are hanging in and doing good as well! Big (((((hugs))))))
Hugs & hope,
Pammy

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I have eczema
    I've been having rash problems for 5 years. I've seen a PCP and dermatologist and all they could do was have me use prescription creams which only controlled it and when I stopped using them the rash would return. In February I started drinking 2-4 cups of green tea a day and the rash didn't go away completely but cleared up amazingly and I've only had to use the prescription cream once. The rest of the time I just put hand cream on. I'm so much better that I don't miss a day to drink at least 2 cups of green tea. I looked it up on the internet and green tea is suppose to help your skin. You might try it cause what would it hurt?

Hope this helps Pammy!

marcia
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I have eczema
    I've been having rash problems for 5 years. I've seen a PCP and dermatologist and all they could do was have me use prescription creams which only controlled it and when I stopped using them the rash would return. In February I started drinking 2-4 cups of green tea a day and the rash didn't go away completely but cleared up amazingly and I've only had to use the prescription cream once. The rest of the time I just put hand cream on. I'm so much better that I don't miss a day to drink at least 2 cups of green tea. I looked it up on the internet and green tea is suppose to help your skin. You might try it cause what would it hurt?

Hope this helps Pammy!

marcia

Wow girls
    it is always something.
    Pammy ,
    I just wrote you back. I am very sorry and hope you will find treatment to ease your conditions. Big hats are in style this season
    Marcia,
    I had awful rash and hives 3 weeks ago and even creams with steroid did not help.I had to take steroids orally (I put a picture on my expression page). I have been drinking green tea, thanks for advice now I will try 2-4 cups now.
    Wishing you both to get your beautiful skin back.
    Hugs
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options

Wow girls
    it is always something.
    Pammy ,
    I just wrote you back. I am very sorry and hope you will find treatment to ease your conditions. Big hats are in style this season
    Marcia,
    I had awful rash and hives 3 weeks ago and even creams with steroid did not help.I had to take steroids orally (I put a picture on my expression page). I have been drinking green tea, thanks for advice now I will try 2-4 cups now.
    Wishing you both to get your beautiful skin back.
    Hugs

Not saying green tea will
    Not saying green tea will help everyone but it sure helped me and what does it hurt to try? I do still have to treat areas and take care of my skin but I do see a difference and I'm using the prescription cream much less. One of the creams the doctors gave me to use was a steroid cream.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Hi Pammy!
    I'm glad you don't have lupus! I'm sorry you're dealing with the roseacea, though.

Good to hear from you and I hope you get it under control soon! xo
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    I was diagnosed with rosacea
    I was diagnosed with rosacea a couple of weeks ago and use a topical prescription gel called metronidazole once a day. I think that it's starting to work! I don't use a coverup, but I have a friend who does and I will find out from her what she uses. Like you, the sun really brings it out for me. :-p xoxoxo Lynn
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Psmmy,
    I have had rosecea

Psmmy,
    I have had rosecea for years. I have done the antibiotics and they can take a while to kick in. What actually works the best for me is a metrogel (metronidazole topical gel). It is a prescription med and it works really well. Whenever I get a flair or it just looks like it is beginning I put it on morning and evening. It takes care of it in days. While my skin isn't perfect this really takes care of most of it. I know that there are some things that can cause flairs, stress being one of them. I am just grateful that ice cream doesn't cause it. I bet you are too. Mine was very bad at first, cheeks, nose, and while I didn't get the big nose look like Karl Malden it was read and I looked like I had a permanent sunburn. It is so much better now and through the years I have been able to prevent it from getting to that stage.
    Yes, I agree, while this might not be earth shattering it is just one more thing to chronically deal with. And besides it's hard to hide your face when it is red and bumpy. Hoping this will help you. Ask your doctor about the gel. I hope it will help.
    I been missing you friend.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Thanks everyone for all of your great advice! I will be drinking green tea and applying the perscription gel for relief! (yea...I have some direction!). I really didn't expect this, but what can you do? I think hearing what has worked for others helps to relieve some of my anxiety over it too. I am a firm believer in 'seeing is believing' from others and not just textbook treatment. Miss you all very much!! Keep hanging in there! ((((HUGS)))....
    Pammy