Question about lymph nodes.

Options
Has anyone heard of lymph nodes lighting up on both sides of the neck being cancer cells? Doctor says it lit up on both sides, but is very small-so small that it would not be able to be felt. Original Hodgkin's was on left side of chest.

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Lymph nodes
    Nicky,
    To be honest I would assume it can light up anywhere. There are nodes on both sides of the neck. John
  • michelleb1064
    michelleb1064 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Stages
    Found this.....having cancer on both sides of the neck would put you at a stage II. I am also in stage II.

Stage I indicates one lymph node region is involved (for example, the right neck).
    Stage II indicates involvement of two lymph node areas on the same side of the diaphragm (for example, both sides of the neck).
    Stage III indicates lymph node involvement on both sides of the diaphragm (for example, groin and armpit).
    Stage IV involves the spread of cancer outside the lymph nodes (for example, to bone marrow, lungs, or liver).
  • nickydog
    nickydog Member Posts: 76
    Options

Stages
    Found this.....having cancer on both sides of the neck would put you at a stage II. I am also in stage II.

Stage I indicates one lymph node region is involved (for example, the right neck).
    Stage II indicates involvement of two lymph node areas on the same side of the diaphragm (for example, both sides of the neck).
    Stage III indicates lymph node involvement on both sides of the diaphragm (for example, groin and armpit).
    Stage IV involves the spread of cancer outside the lymph nodes (for example, to bone marrow, lungs, or liver).

Lymph Nodes
    Just finished 8 rounds of ABVD for hodgkin's in chest. Now the doctor is telling me that this lit up on both sides of my neck. He is doing further testing to see if it is actually hodgkin's or not. It is very small he said and wouldn't be able to be felt. The waiting is hard. I did have a bad cold and sore throat a little while ago, so I am hoping that is what it is.
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    nickydog said:

Lymph Nodes
    Just finished 8 rounds of ABVD for hodgkin's in chest. Now the doctor is telling me that this lit up on both sides of my neck. He is doing further testing to see if it is actually hodgkin's or not. It is very small he said and wouldn't be able to be felt. The waiting is hard. I did have a bad cold and sore throat a little while ago, so I am hoping that is what it is.

LYMPH NODES ON BOTH SIDES OF NECK
    I have had a swollen node on the left side of my neck for months. Now I have one on the right toward the back of my neck. Going to onc today and will have him give me another opinion. (second opinion doc at Sloan Kettering) My primary onc said I need treatment soon (Treanda) I had Rituxan alone last September for Stage IV mz nhl.

I'll ask a lot of questions about the neck lymph nodes and report back. Hopefully it will help you.

All the best.

Donna