Really depressed

Options
fatmomma
fatmomma Member Posts: 95
Mom starts her treatment, Erbitux, Wednesday. So worried about her. She told me she wasn't afraid of dieing....she doesn't want to leave her family. She is strong person. I love you mom.

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Good attitude!
    Hope an smooth wednesday!.
    Hugs!.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Treatment
    Just be there for your mom when and when she doesn't need you. Her just knowing that you are there to support her gives a person a new strength. Good luck to your mom.

Kim
  • fatmomma
    Options

Treatment
    Just be there for your mom when and when she doesn't need you. Her just knowing that you are there to support her gives a person a new strength. Good luck to your mom.

Kim

Thank you
    Thank you so much. My mom is alot stronger than me.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    its good to be depressed sometimes , its natural
    cancer sux, if you were not down you would not be human.
    just love your mum and help her patiently. its a challenging road, but its the road we share. the sharing and caring makes it easier.
    come here and tell us what going on, any type of question is welcome.
    my best wishes for you and you mum.
    hugs
    pete
  • fatmomma
    Options

its good to be depressed sometimes , its natural
    cancer sux, if you were not down you would not be human.
    just love your mum and help her patiently. its a challenging road, but its the road we share. the sharing and caring makes it easier.
    come here and tell us what going on, any type of question is welcome.
    my best wishes for you and you mum.
    hugs
    pete

Thank you
    Thanks a bunches Pete.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Praying
    Praying for everything to go well.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • BettyJoM
    BettyJoM Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Be strong
    I felt the same as your mom. I am not afraid to die, just hate the thoughts of leaving my family.
    all you can do is, as my daughters did, be by her side, help where you can, and dont take it to heart if she has nasty times. she loves you. cancer is terrible and people are turned upside down, emotionally, physically and financially.
    Praying for everything to go well for you
  • fatmomma
    Options
    BettyJoM said:

Be strong
    I felt the same as your mom. I am not afraid to die, just hate the thoughts of leaving my family.
    all you can do is, as my daughters did, be by her side, help where you can, and dont take it to heart if she has nasty times. she loves you. cancer is terrible and people are turned upside down, emotionally, physically and financially.
    Praying for everything to go well for you

Thank you everyone
    You guys are super. Thank you.
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    caregivers need extra support
    I hear-tell there's a forum dedicated to caregivers here that is very helpful...sometimes those we lean upon need someone walking the same walk to lean on too, ya know?

~big hugs~ for all you do for your Mom,
    Janine
  • BuckeyedPeach
    BuckeyedPeach Member Posts: 14
    Options
    fatmomma said:

Thank you
    Thank you so much. My mom is alot stronger than me.

I Bet You Are A Lot Stronger. . .
    than you think.

As a mom who just had some great "caregiving" given me by my own daughter (although I do not have to go through chemo) just know that generally we moms are used to being the caregivers, not the caregiven. ;-) Your caring for her will touch her in ways she may not be fully able to verbalize to you, but she will appreciate it--yet at the same time may also find herself feeling badly for you, too. When I noticed my pain also hurt my daughter--I did determine to "do better."

I wasn't ready to die either, so I followed my doctors and nurses instructions and did all I could to help myself while others helped me too. And I bet your mom will be the exact same way!

Does she know about this site. . as I find I need the direct support from others--and it may be helpful to her, too.

Please let us know how things are going and just take one day at a time, sweetie--one treatment at a time. :-)

God bless you and your Mom!
    Lisa
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    hugs to you
    Hello,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this with your mom. As a patient myself, I imagine it might even feel worse to not be the actual cancer patient but a loved one of someone with cancer. It must be a helpless feeling- I am sorry you're having to deal with it.

Do research and attend Dr. appts with your mom, if you can, so that you can gain a bigger understanding of it all. Doctors are all different- some are very upbeat and try to instill this in their patients & others are all doom and gloom. I hope your mom's isn't doom and gloom but if he/she does happen to be this way, be reassured and reassure your mom that there are many patients here in CSN who are plugging along several years after diagnosis, even with a stage IV diagnosis. I'm now almost to 4 years since my dx, but there are others here that are much longer out and a handful who have even attained the NED (no evidence of disease) status after being stage IV. It is possible.
    I haven't attained that yet, and honestly don't know if I will (but I still have hope and faith- anything can happen), but I keep plugging along and doing what I can to stay healthy and strong.

Hugs to you and prayers for your mom and for you for strength-

Lisa