Emotional Freedom Technique (NOT SPAM)

Options
habber
habber Member Posts: 17
I know, I know, I keep getting all of these wacky alternative therapies from well meaning friends. And this falls in that realm. BUT I found it LBC (life before cancer) and it's simple, free, it makes sense and it worked for me.

I am now using it for Stage IV OC.

It is basic self-affirmation mixed with acupressure and some new discoveries about brain/ body plasticity. If you are interested and are willing to spend a few minutes learning EFT, probably feeling a little goofy doing the exercises and then willing to give it a fair test then I would recommend checking out:

http://www.eftuniverse.com/

(yes there is stuff to buy but plenty of info and training for free--back when I got started the $8.42 manual on Amazon was even free)

or

http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/eft-cancer-pain-treatment.html

On this site, an experienced practitioner in EFT for cancer is available with a donation accepted but NOT obligatory. Many local massage therapists now also offer the service.

I think learning to do it yourself is a big benefit for emotional health, at the very least.

All the best,

Sandy

Comments

• LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options
    EFT works!
    Sandy: Thanks for posting this. It is really good to find something that helps bring peace of mind that a person can do for themself. I am a big believer in the importance of the mind-body connection for healing and EFT certainly "does no harm" to anyone.

I have had EFT sessions done by my chiropractor and I can say that it does make a difference. I really should learn to do it for myself. I use affirmations all the time--especially when I am about to fall asleep. My mom taught me to say the old tried and true affirmation:

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." I'll probably be muttering that on my own deathbed. And the way I see it for me, dying is the better alternative to living in unbearable pain.

One key to the success of EFT is being able to construct a useful affirmation. The mind is a funny thing when you are trying to re-program it. If you tell yourself "I'm not going to be afraid of cancer anymore," the word "afraid" is still in the affirmation and the end result is to still be afraid.

A better choice of affirmation would be: "I am strong, healthy and brave." I would love to hear affirmations that other survivors are using because mine are getting kind of boring and maybe someone else's affirmations would even be better for me. Hahahahahaha!

Alive and kicking,

LQ

Afterthought: Sorry, but I can't help being lighthearted when we all have good reasons to be heavy hearted. I wore out my crying towel already and will need to get a new one if I stay on this board. I think I was probably first in line when God was passing out the rose-colored glasses and I have to laugh to keep from crying sometimes.
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

EFT works!
    Sandy: Thanks for posting this. It is really good to find something that helps bring peace of mind that a person can do for themself. I am a big believer in the importance of the mind-body connection for healing and EFT certainly "does no harm" to anyone.

I have had EFT sessions done by my chiropractor and I can say that it does make a difference. I really should learn to do it for myself. I use affirmations all the time--especially when I am about to fall asleep. My mom taught me to say the old tried and true affirmation:

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." I'll probably be muttering that on my own deathbed. And the way I see it for me, dying is the better alternative to living in unbearable pain.

One key to the success of EFT is being able to construct a useful affirmation. The mind is a funny thing when you are trying to re-program it. If you tell yourself "I'm not going to be afraid of cancer anymore," the word "afraid" is still in the affirmation and the end result is to still be afraid.

A better choice of affirmation would be: "I am strong, healthy and brave." I would love to hear affirmations that other survivors are using because mine are getting kind of boring and maybe someone else's affirmations would even be better for me. Hahahahahaha!

Alive and kicking,

LQ

Afterthought: Sorry, but I can't help being lighthearted when we all have good reasons to be heavy hearted. I wore out my crying towel already and will need to get a new one if I stay on this board. I think I was probably first in line when God was passing out the rose-colored glasses and I have to laugh to keep from crying sometimes.

EFT for Trauma
    I am familiar with the use of EFT to resolve trauma. I had it done on me to address claustrophobia, which prevented me from having MRIs done without heavy sedation. I've had a few MRIs since the treatment, and it's a piece of cake...no drugs necessary.
    Secondly, I had EFT done on my horse. I bought a horse about three years ago. Once I had him at home, it became quite apparent that he had been abused. He was very fearful of quick movements, a gloved hand raised to his face, ropes, and especially men. I worked with him to desinsitize him to many of these things. The real turning point, however, was when I had EFT done on him. I watched his demeanor change radically during the treatment, and it never changed back. Amazing.
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

EFT for Trauma
    I am familiar with the use of EFT to resolve trauma. I had it done on me to address claustrophobia, which prevented me from having MRIs done without heavy sedation. I've had a few MRIs since the treatment, and it's a piece of cake...no drugs necessary.
    Secondly, I had EFT done on my horse. I bought a horse about three years ago. Once I had him at home, it became quite apparent that he had been abused. He was very fearful of quick movements, a gloved hand raised to his face, ropes, and especially men. I worked with him to desinsitize him to many of these things. The real turning point, however, was when I had EFT done on him. I watched his demeanor change radically during the treatment, and it never changed back. Amazing.

What an amazing story! When
    What an amazing story! When you see something helping animals, it overrides the possiblity of a placebo effect. I should try EFT.

Carolen