Lung Nodules

Options
clbsews
clbsews Member Posts: 10
I am just curious if anyone else has reoccurance ovarian cancer in the lungs? Every since my initial surgery four years ago, the cancer has shown up only in my lungs as very tiny nodules. Two were removed and they were ovarian cancer. The various chemo treatments I've been getting do reduce the size of these nodules, but a few linger on, never completely going away. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    CANCER?
    I've had nodules show up in my lungs these last 2 years. My doctor isn't concerned, YET, but says we'll just keep an eye on them. They haven't changed, which is good, but I still don't like them there. Anyone have nodules in the lungs that are 'nothing'?

What treatment have you had? I wish you well, and please let me know what stage your OVCA was.

(((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • clbsews
    Options
    mopar said:

CANCER?
    I've had nodules show up in my lungs these last 2 years. My doctor isn't concerned, YET, but says we'll just keep an eye on them. They haven't changed, which is good, but I still don't like them there. Anyone have nodules in the lungs that are 'nothing'?

What treatment have you had? I wish you well, and please let me know what stage your OVCA was.

(((HUGS)))
    Monika

Size of Nodules
    Monika,

I was diagnosed stage IIc. What size are the nodules in your lungs?

What size do the nodules need to be before treatment is necessary?

Cheryl
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Yes, me too
    They are part of my reccurance and are being treated with chemo.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My first ct/pet
    My first scan after carbo/taxol showed a small nodule in my lung but also my Dr is not concerned but im am just hopeful that it stays the same in my upcoming scan.
    Colleen
  • clbsews
    Options

My first ct/pet
    My first scan after carbo/taxol showed a small nodule in my lung but also my Dr is not concerned but im am just hopeful that it stays the same in my upcoming scan.
    Colleen

Hopeful
    Colleen,

I pray the Dr. is right. Stay hopeful!

Cheryl
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options
    clbsews said:

Hopeful
    Colleen,

I pray the Dr. is right. Stay hopeful!

Cheryl

Calcified nodules
    When the body heals cancer nodules, sometimes it uses calcium to turn the nodule into stone so to speak. That calcified nodule will always show up on a MRI/CT scan or x-ray but it won't "light up" on a PET scan.

You might try visualizing your lung nodules turning into little stones or even pearls.

Hope that helps.

LQ
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Calcified nodules
    When the body heals cancer nodules, sometimes it uses calcium to turn the nodule into stone so to speak. That calcified nodule will always show up on a MRI/CT scan or x-ray but it won't "light up" on a PET scan.

You might try visualizing your lung nodules turning into little stones or even pearls.

Hope that helps.

LQ

Ohh !
    Great idea I love pearls !
    Colleen
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I have one tiny one
    on my lung, and tiny one on my liver that has remained the same for 4 years. They don't knoow if it is cancer or cancer that has been zapped. In any case, they are always 3 mm on the PET scan.
    What does your doctor say about this?

When was your dx? I am 4 years this month since dx.

kathleen
  • clbsews
    Options
    kayandok said:

I have one tiny one
    on my lung, and tiny one on my liver that has remained the same for 4 years. They don't knoow if it is cancer or cancer that has been zapped. In any case, they are always 3 mm on the PET scan.
    What does your doctor say about this?

When was your dx? I am 4 years this month since dx.

kathleen

Lung Nodules
    Kathleen,

I am four years (at Easter) since dx. The nodules have always grown so that's why I've had to have chemo. Two reoccurances since initial surgery and carbo/taxol. I am so tired and now face losing my job.

Cheryl