Options
13»

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    susangr said:

Sending positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts and strength to Nancy and her family as they face this part of the journey. So tragic.... Susan

OH DEAR LORD
    Carlene you are so sweet to keep us informed. How it must hurt you to say the words. I can only say that my heart aches for Nancy and her family and friends. But I still hear a fighting spirit in her words. What a pillar of strength she is, what an inspiration to us all. My thoughts go to the little ones as well, which always makes me think of my children and grandchildren. Those precious babies, to experience such a difficult time.

May our Lord and Savior comfort all of you. And I know it is His strength that sustains Nancy, as she continues to be a shining light and example for us all.

:(

Monika
  • ocalalaurie
    ocalalaurie Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nancy
    Nancy and her family are in my prayers. It is soothing to know that she is not in any pain and that she has her family around her. Thank you Carlene for keeping everyone updated, as sad as the news may be. It never is easy to say goodbye.
  • South Jersey
    South Jersey Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Carlene, I am so saddened by
    Carlene, I am so saddened by this news... keeping Nancy and her family in my prayers.
  • annecris
    annecris Member Posts: 44
    Options

Carlene, I am so saddened by
    Carlene, I am so saddened by this news... keeping Nancy and her family in my prayers.

BEAUTIFUL NANCY
    I AM GIVING DEAR NANCY TO MY SWEET AUNT MARCIA WHO WAS LOST TO THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE SIX YEARS AGO TO BE HER SPECIAL ANGEL- WITH OUR JOINED HEART PRAYERS MAY SHE AND HER FAMILY BE SURROUNDED BY THE COMBINED STRENGTH AND LOVE OF ALL OF US AT THIS TIME - CARLENE WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP AND BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER NO MATTER WHAT MUST BE ENDURED - LOVE YOU - ANNIE
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    annecris said:

BEAUTIFUL NANCY
    I AM GIVING DEAR NANCY TO MY SWEET AUNT MARCIA WHO WAS LOST TO THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE SIX YEARS AGO TO BE HER SPECIAL ANGEL- WITH OUR JOINED HEART PRAYERS MAY SHE AND HER FAMILY BE SURROUNDED BY THE COMBINED STRENGTH AND LOVE OF ALL OF US AT THIS TIME - CARLENE WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP AND BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER NO MATTER WHAT MUST BE ENDURED - LOVE YOU - ANNIE

I must talk about Nancy a lot with my own family.
    I was telling my DIL today about what was going on with Nancy, and my son chimed in with "the one with the 2 small children?" Clearly all of you are a part of my life. My extended family anxiously follows along second-hand, because they can see how important you all are to me. I am still holding a small flame of hope that Nancy will rally and surprise everyone. (((Nancy)))

Tomorrow I have the radioembolism of the right side of my liver, so I might not be too active for a bit if the radiation working within me takes a lot out of me. OR, I might drive you all CRAZY as I'll be on steroids for the next 12 days to aid in healing. I feel so lucky that I am still able to make this 'big move', even though over half of my liver now is dominated by cancer mets. Nancy and I have very similar histories, and simultaneously went through a series of failed chemo attempts, one after the next. My CA125 is every bit as high as hers. It just shows how individual each person's unique cancer is and how your body reacts to it. I KNOW I am VERY ill, a short-timer for sure, and yet I am symptom free and able to fight on. I guess that's why I can't let go of the hope I have for Nancy. I related so closely to her; somehow I think as long as I'M okay, she must be okay.

Now who's rambling? (blush)
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options

I was telling my DIL today about what was going on with Nancy, and my son chimed in with "the one with the 2 small children?" Clearly all of you are a part of my life. My extended family anxiously follows along second-hand, because they can see how important you all are to me. I am still holding a small flame of hope that Nancy will rally and surprise everyone. (((Nancy)))

Tomorrow I have the radioembolism of the right side of my liver, so I might not be too active for a bit if the radiation working within me takes a lot out of me. OR, I might drive you all CRAZY as I'll be on steroids for the next 12 days to aid in healing. I feel so lucky that I am still able to make this 'big move', even though over half of my liver now is dominated by cancer mets. Nancy and I have very similar histories, and simultaneously went through a series of failed chemo attempts, one after the next. My CA125 is every bit as high as hers. It just shows how individual each person's unique cancer is and how your body reacts to it. I KNOW I am VERY ill, a short-timer for sure, and yet I am symptom free and able to fight on. I guess that's why I can't let go of the hope I have for Nancy. I related so closely to her; somehow I think as long as I'M okay, she must be okay.

My family "knows" most of
    My family "knows" most of you, too. They know that Linda just had a pool put in and is scheduled for a procedure not usually used for OC. They know Leesa, the funny red head who teaches 5th grade and let her friends and family give her a mohawk. And my husband has met Annie, Nancy, and Jonie (JLoe) "in the flesh", so he knows them, for sure.

And of course, all my Facebook friends can see the posts from my other friends, and many of you are FB buddies of mine.

Linda, I am pulling for Nancy, too. Nothing would please me more right now. Winning the lottery would not begin to compare.

Let me know if the steroids make you a crazy insomniac. We can play Words With Friends or meet up in the CSN chat room.

I am praying that you have great success with this procedure and set the standard for new and successful treatment of liver mets in ovarian cancer.

Carlene
  • eward
    eward Member Posts: 210
    Options

hope
    Linda,
    I hope you see this before your procedure tomorrow. I have such a great feeling about this procedure for you and I wish you the best results. My mom is going through a rough time right now and all of your stories(and the stories of everyone with advanced cancer) give me such hope that she will not give up hope. I refuse to give up hope for any of you resilient women facing this challenging disease. You are all in my constant thoughts and prayers.
    xoxo
    Eileen
  • AussieMaddie
    AussieMaddie Member Posts: 345 Member
    Options

My family "knows" most of
    My family "knows" most of you, too. They know that Linda just had a pool put in and is scheduled for a procedure not usually used for OC. They know Leesa, the funny red head who teaches 5th grade and let her friends and family give her a mohawk. And my husband has met Annie, Nancy, and Jonie (JLoe) "in the flesh", so he knows them, for sure.

And of course, all my Facebook friends can see the posts from my other friends, and many of you are FB buddies of mine.

Linda, I am pulling for Nancy, too. Nothing would please me more right now. Winning the lottery would not begin to compare.

Let me know if the steroids make you a crazy insomniac. We can play Words With Friends or meet up in the CSN chat room.

I am praying that you have great success with this procedure and set the standard for new and successful treatment of liver mets in ovarian cancer.

Carlene

Extraordinary people
    Coming to these forums really does bring home to me how wonderful are those who bring such love to others. Carlene, you and Nancy both are in my thoughts and in my heart. xxx
    AussieMaddie