Shaved head still itchy

laughs_a_lot
laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
I waited a day or two to shave my head as I did not have a hair razor. Despite having shaved my head it still itchs. How long can I expect this to last? Is there a product to use to reduce itching? I used baby shampoo on my head figuring it is mild. I am hoping th itching will let up soon.

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I remember that well!
    I used baby shampoo as too. I guess your scalp and follicles are just in shock and react with itching and tender spots. Eventually, it gets better so hang in there Sister!

Love & hugs,

Sylvia
  • wndringmnd
    wndringmnd Member Posts: 44
    itchy
    I used baby shampoo after head and shoulders, which takes care of the itching.

smile
    Marilyn
  • Arabrab
    Arabrab Member Posts: 8
    Hair hurts
    You know when you've had the flu and you haven't washed your hair in a week? When you put your head down on a pillow, it hurts. If you touch your hair or move it into a different place, it hurts. That's what my hair feels like right after I've washed it. I had my first chemo a week ago. My hair feels coarse and different. I'm thinking I'd like to shave it to get rid of that feeling, or is this the pre-falling out feeling? It itches too and it hasn't fallen out. I like the idea of baby shampoo.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Arabrab said:

Hair hurts
    You know when you've had the flu and you haven't washed your hair in a week? When you put your head down on a pillow, it hurts. If you touch your hair or move it into a different place, it hurts. That's what my hair feels like right after I've washed it. I had my first chemo a week ago. My hair feels coarse and different. I'm thinking I'd like to shave it to get rid of that feeling, or is this the pre-falling out feeling? It itches too and it hasn't fallen out. I like the idea of baby shampoo.

That was the pre falling out
    That was the pre falling out period! I buzzed mine and it still had that prickly feeling for couple of days, but all is good now!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    camul said:

That was the pre falling out
    That was the pre falling out period! I buzzed mine and it still had that prickly feeling for couple of days, but all is good now!

even though
    even though you shaved it you will still have itchy head and stubbles will still fall out. I used a lint brush that has the tape type and rolled it over my head several times a day until the stubbles stopped coming out and felt so much better. Moisturizer.

Margo
  • MAD1998
    MAD1998 Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    Hi Mary,

Sorry we haven't been in touch more. We hope you're feeling better and stronger each day. You continue to be in our prayers.

Love,

Mike and Val
  • margz35
    margz35 Member Posts: 53
    I am itchy too!
    Hi there:
    I have not shaved my head as I still have thinning hair after 2 rounds of chemo. I do have the itchies and used head and shoulders once and then put baby oil on my head. Very soothing. I also tried Ovation Cell Therapy Scalp treatment and that has been very soothing too. I like the comment about the lint roller - that made me giggle.
    Hoping to be itch free soon .....
    Margz
  • geek_girl_JW
    geek_girl_JW Member Posts: 2
    I used Eucerin - they had a
    I used Eucerin - they had a lotion that was specifically labeled as "anti-itch", if they still make it. I can't remember exactly how long the itching lasted for me, but it didn't go on too terribly long.
  • fevusfaylene
    fevusfaylene Member Posts: 7
    itchy
    did you ever get the itchy head under control?