My Blood Results

Options
Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
Well finally got my blood results in the mail today. Oncologist was testing for any and all immune disorders including HIV, lupus, hepatitis, nephelometry, also, CBC, CEA, liver tests, sugar and more. All immune disorders are negative - yipee. CEA, liver, etc. all normal - yipee again. CBC - well my white and red count are still below normal but they went up a little bit - so big yipeee. Was taking extra vitamin B12 and that was above normal, so I'm discontinuing that. She tested for that, so figured might as well take it before the test just in case it was low, well obviously my body don't need it. Just so relieved that the immune system doesn't show anything abnormal. Maybe the chemo just screwed my immune system up and maybe my white/red count will never go to normal - who knows. She just said follow up which means a scan in October and then see her in October, plus blood work then. Thanks for prayers, vibes, and good wishes.

Kim

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Yippee!
    I am so happy for you, Kim; sounds like great results!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yippee!
    Fabulous!!! I'm so glad to hear this, Kim!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    yay!
    great news hugs :-)))))))))
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    thats so great, good news is so uplifting
    hugs,
    pete
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim....I'm so glad your
    Hi Kim....I'm so glad your blood work is all good! Hopefully your CBC will get back to normal too :) I'll be thinking and sending good thoughts!!

Love, Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Kim
    Kim,
    It sounds good. I'm sure you are relieved. I am not surprised that some counts are a bit off. Chemo is strong stuff.

Take care my friend.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Kim
    Kim,
    It sounds good. I'm sure you are relieved. I am not surprised that some counts are a bit off. Chemo is strong stuff.

Take care my friend.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

hey kim
    so glad you got good news.i am almost in tears i am so happy for you.i was on edge until you posted your news.now take a deep breath and live a happy life....Godbless...johnnybegood
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

hey kim
    so glad you got good news.i am almost in tears i am so happy for you.i was on edge until you posted your news.now take a deep breath and live a happy life....Godbless...johnnybegood

Yabadabadooooooo! LOL.
    Great Kim! Awesome!.
    Congratulations! .
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Yabadabadooooooo! LOL.
    Great Kim! Awesome!.
    Congratulations! .

It's great to know there is
    It's great to know there is nothing else going on. Perhaps with time this will resolve itself and come back up to normal counts :)
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    smokeyjoe said:

It's great to know there is
    It's great to know there is nothing else going on. Perhaps with time this will resolve itself and come back up to normal counts :)

YAY Kim!!!
    Great news!!! So happy you are doing so well. Take care

Jennie
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Great news!

Great news!
  • fatmomma
    fatmomma Member Posts: 95
    Options
    Erinb said:

Great news!

Great news!

:):)
    Great news. Sounds like you're a tough cookie.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    so glad
    Hi Kim,

I'm so glad to hear that everything was negative for any of the immune disorders. That was all you needed to have to contend, so I'm very relieved you don't have to!
    Will keep praying that your red and white count will go up.

Hugs and prayers,
    Lisa
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    This is really wonderful
    This is really wonderful news.I was wondering about your testing results.I am so happy for you.I believe your white blood cell will finally be fine too.Take care.
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
    I hope you keep having good news.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    Just wanted to say thanks for your thoughts. Was such a big relief, but just know that doctor wanted to rule out everything for the reason that white/red counts weren't going up. Yup she said that the levels were all good before chemo - she just wants to confirm now that chemo is poison and that it wrecks your immune system and this test just proves it. Oh well, kind of knew that before this test. What to do next is just a big question. How do they go up, I'm not sure.

Hugs! Kim
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options

Thanks
    Just wanted to say thanks for your thoughts. Was such a big relief, but just know that doctor wanted to rule out everything for the reason that white/red counts weren't going up. Yup she said that the levels were all good before chemo - she just wants to confirm now that chemo is poison and that it wrecks your immune system and this test just proves it. Oh well, kind of knew that before this test. What to do next is just a big question. How do they go up, I'm not sure.

Hugs! Kim

beta glucans
    My wife uses beta glucans while on chemo. Primarily a PSK clone from LEF, 1.8-3.6 grams per day with some empty stomach issues, along with some other extracts.

The PSK clone has helped restore and maintain WBC, RBC and platelet levels that were eroding under low dose continuous chemo.
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    Good For you Kim
    So glad you got great results...now try to enjoy life and dont worry about the scans till October..

HUGS
    Beth
  • dasspears
    dasspears Member Posts: 227
    Options
    Glad to hear your news...
    I was waiting to hear about your results since I have a similar situation. I'm glad everything came out negative in regard to the tests. I guess you and I just have a "new normal" count.