Headed Home

Options
We will be headed home to Kansas City tomorrow to start a new chemo regiment. He was unable to have surgery.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

Susie

Comments

• hopper52
    hopper52 Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Sorry to Hear
    Susie......I know this must be a letdown. It was worth a shot. I will continue to pray for you guys. Remembering you on a daily basis. God Bless You
  • flmo
    flmo Member Posts: 65
    Options
    So very sorry to hear the
    So very sorry to hear the news that Brendon couldn't have the operation. I'll continue to pray for you as you begin the new chemo therapy.

Maureen
  • Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • mrsbotch
    mrsbotch Member Posts: 349
    Options
    You are in my heart
    I know the devastation you must feel now. I am so sorry for you guys. When you are able please let us know what happened. I am thinking and praying for both of you

Love

Barbara
  • rose20
    rose20 Member Posts: 258
    Options
    God knows best...
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding ~Proverbs 3:5~
    One thing is for sure God knows best. Just rest in knowing that God is taking care of you both and just thank the Lord for what He is doing. Evidently surgery was not the way to go.

Thank you again for keeping us all updated.
    rose
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    rose20 said:

God knows best...
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding ~Proverbs 3:5~
    One thing is for sure God knows best. Just rest in knowing that God is taking care of you both and just thank the Lord for what He is doing. Evidently surgery was not the way to go.

Thank you again for keeping us all updated.
    rose

Susie so sorry
    Dear Susie and Brendon,
    Will keep you both in my prayers. Hoping that Brendon will get the best quality of life out of the new plan. Take care,
    Donna70
  • Alaska_Kim
    Alaska_Kim Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Susie,
    Although I recently

Susie,

Although I recently signed up as a member, I have been keeping track of your journey since my husband was also diagnosed Feb. 1. I was so very sorry to hear your news. I know how I felt when we were told post op that my husband Mike went from T1b to T3a because of positive lymph nodes and I can only imagine your disappointment. This cancer just sucks (I'm sorry, it's my lway of letting off some steam). I pray that this is a set back that can be overcome.

All our best, Kim (and Mike)
  • fredswilma
    fredswilma Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Susie & Brendon
    So sorry to

Susie & Brendon
    So sorry to here Brendon was unable to go ahead with the surgery, I know the devastation you must be feeling, take a deep breath my thoughts and prayers are with you both. Let us no how things are going when you can. We are all thinking of you both.
    Ann
  • Daisylin
    Daisylin Member Posts: 365
    Options
    Tears for you Susie
    Susie, I can hear the disappointment in the tone of your note, and I am so very sorry to hear that the surgery was not available to you. I feel your pain, and wish all the best to you and Brendon. Being a stage IVB wife, I know the constant fear and horror that we face every day, facing this horrible beast. Be strong, be brave and above all, live life and enjoy every moment with your wonderful husband.
    Chantal
  • Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that Brendon could not have surgery
    Susie,

I am so sorry to hear Brendon and you did not receive the results you hoped for. I will continue to pray that the new chemo plan provides another opportunity at a later time.

Sadly,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • spensir
    spensir Member Posts: 44
    Options
    My heart hurts for you. I
    My heart hurts for you. I know it must be yet another sad day for you. It has only been 15 days since John went on to a much better place. Hold eachother love eachother and live each day with as much caring and communication you can manage. God will be there. Take care many prayers are coming your way. Shirley
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Options
    May the new chemo regimen help
    So disappointed for you that Brendon could not have the surgery. It was good that you tried. You went to the best. I don't know what happened that prevented the surgery but am glad to learn he is going to receive additional treatment. Try to rest and keep us posted. Everyone on here is pulling for you all and have you in our prayers. Mary
  • jpturn4
    jpturn4 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Talk
    Susie, Paul was also not a surgical candidate, Dr. Luketich's colleague put us in touch with a Dr. J Ajani, he is apparently considered "the" world expert in this disease. We now travel to Texas (M D Anderson) every 3 weeks (from Florida) for treatment. If you want to talk, send me a message, there was actually a point when I thought we were going to be in Pittsburgh at the same time, I held off contacting you until I knew for sure.

Obviously you are not ready to talk or discuss this, but if you want to let off some steam, send me a message and I'll email or call....I can listen, scream, cry, rant, plan, share with you. I can barely come on this site as find it hard to cope with our own situation and just can't share, I am so sad that I came on today (Paul is in hospital and can't sleep) and your news was the first I read.

Take care honey.

Julie x
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Member Posts: 189
    Options
    jpturn4 said:

Talk
    Susie, Paul was also not a surgical candidate, Dr. Luketich's colleague put us in touch with a Dr. J Ajani, he is apparently considered "the" world expert in this disease. We now travel to Texas (M D Anderson) every 3 weeks (from Florida) for treatment. If you want to talk, send me a message, there was actually a point when I thought we were going to be in Pittsburgh at the same time, I held off contacting you until I knew for sure.

Obviously you are not ready to talk or discuss this, but if you want to let off some steam, send me a message and I'll email or call....I can listen, scream, cry, rant, plan, share with you. I can barely come on this site as find it hard to cope with our own situation and just can't share, I am so sad that I came on today (Paul is in hospital and can't sleep) and your news was the first I read.

Take care honey.

Julie x

prayers
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Try to enjoy each day.. know that all of us understand the stress and disappointment.. If you need anything from me you have my email... don't hesitate to contact me. I am continuing to pray for you, your husband, and yor family.
    Wife
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Our hearts are breaking for you
    Our thoughts and prayers are constant. We are so very sorry he couldn't have the
    surgery.

Linda & Jim
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Options
    Susie,
    We were truly sorry

Susie,
    We were truly sorry to hear your news. It took great courage to get on that plane to Pittsburg, and I can only imagine the disappointment you felt returning home. Have faith that when one door closes another one opens. Be strong and know that everyone on this site is rooting for you and lifting you both up in prayer.
    Cheryl
  • ArchTB
    ArchTB Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hugs
    Susie, I am so so sorry. It is devastating news, but Brendon needs your emotional support. Do not give up!
  • DanaMB3
    DanaMB3 Member Posts: 98
    Options
    More prayers coming
    More prayers coming your way that your husband's treatment plan gets back on the course you are hoping for. My thoughts are very much with your family as you face this "unplanned" obstacle.
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Susie, So sorry of the
    Susie, So sorry of the setback. praying that it will be a short one, and future treatment will be positive.
    Hugs and prayers for you and Brendon,
    Sandra