Vectibix

kluong
kluong Member Posts: 23
Good evening,

My husband has been on Erbitux since last July. At one point, his CEA was a 5. It did not last long. It quickly rise and now is at 216. The onc is switching him to Vectibix next week. Can anyone please share their experiences with this drug for us? There is alot of talk on Erbitux but not so much on Vectibix.

One chapter of one lives closes but another has open. We are eager and hopefully of this new beginnings and all the challenges and ups and downs it will bring.

We are not strangers to heartaches and setbacks. However, we are hoping things will be different this time. Who knows, we have two small boys (9 years old and 10 mos) so nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Again, thank you for sharing all your wisdown and stories with us.

Kim

Comments

• Patti1
    Patti1 Member Posts: 109 Member
    Vectibix
    Kim,

I just saw your post,my husband had his 1st Vectibix (Panitumubab) treatment yesterday.
    The doctors have warned us of the very bad acne type rash that about 89 percent of patients get, so far real filmy mouth and bad indigestion. I am running out of chapters in my book. I know yor feelings very well about the heartaches and setbacks. Best of luck
    Patti
  • Patti1
    Patti1 Member Posts: 109 Member
    Vectibix
    Kim,

I just saw your post,my husband had his 1st Vectibix (Panitumubab) treatment yesterday.
    The doctors have warned us of the very bad acne type rash that about 89 percent of patients get, so far real filmy mouth and bad indigestion. I am running out of chapters in my book. I know yor feelings very well about the heartaches and setbacks. Best of luck
    Patti
  • kluong
    kluong Member Posts: 23
    Patti1 said:

Vectibix
    Kim,

Patti

Thanks Patti
    Patti,

Thank you so much for sharing your stories. I hope your hubby feel better soon. My hubby still has the rash from Erbitux.

I feel the same way about the books closing in on us. However, we have small children so I got to keep fighting and hoping for the best and mentally preparing for the worse.

All of best to your family.

Kim