Great News!

pscott1
pscott1 Member Posts: 207 Member
I went for my 3rd treatment today. On my 1st treatment my CEA level was 20 up from 7; on my 2nd treatment it jumped from 20 to 337. I couldn't take a treatment for about a month then I went today and my level was down to 70. Even better was after I got home, the Nurse Practitioner called and said my CEA is at 17!! YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I AM BEYOND THRILLED. She said they will do another MRI after my 6th treatment and if my liver is looking much better, hopefully lesions are gone or I am able to get the resection. She also said we may take a break from treatment and just monitor. It's working thank God! This was a great way to start off my weekend and end my week; Wednesday night on my way home from work I was in a bad car accident and I'm pretty sure my car will be totalled. I was hit by 3 different vehicles and walked away from it unhurt. Just sore back and neck. I have a new hope with this cancer. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Pam

Comments

• relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Sounds like you are a Survivor
    Happy to hear treatment is working and your car accident means you are a survivor and someone has important things for you to do. I too survived a head on car collision 20 years ago and now I am hoping I too will survive colon cancer Stage3 with 5/20 nodes with clear scan after chemo. Wishing well for you as well.
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Congratulations
    It's good to hear some good news for a change.I hope your cea continues to get better.Have a good weekend.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    karguy said:

Congratulations
    It's good to hear some good news for a change.I hope your cea continues to get better.Have a good weekend.

there is an angel somewhere that protects you , good help!
    everything sounds great, Congratulations Pam.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awesome
    Sounds like you got great news with the doctor and car accident. God is watching out for you. So glad that all is going in the right direction.

Kim
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay!
    Hi, Pam.

So glad you have such good news! That's wonderful.

I'm so glad you weren't seriously hurt in that accident!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Thanks for sharing your GREAT news!
    I am sorry you were in a car accident, but I am glad you are fine!
  • pscott1
    pepebcn said:

there is an angel somewhere that protects you , good help!
    everything sounds great, Congratulations Pam.

I believe you're right Pepe!
    All the prayers that have been going up for me from friends and family and even from countless people I don't know and have never met must be reaching the right party! I hope things are going well for you....you are in my prayers as well! Take care!

Love,

Pam
  • pscott1

Awesome
    Sounds like you got great news with the doctor and car accident. God is watching out for you. So glad that all is going in the right direction.

Kim

Thanks Kim!
    I believe He is watching out for me. The doctor also said that I might be able to take a chemo break after 6th treatment if I continue the way I am. I am so thrilled!

Pam
  • pscott1
    tootsie1 said:

Yay!
    Hi, Pam.

*hugs*
    Gail

Thanks Gail!
    After the car accident I was really wondering if I was on another week of bad streaks. But you're right, I came out of that accident without anything serious and then got the great news on Friday with the CEA level. In spite of my car being totally screwed up, all in all it was great week!!! :)

Hugs,

Pam
  • pscott1
    karguy said:

Congratulations

I know, right?
    In the midst of all the nausea, diaherea, headaches and normal daily pains of chemo side effects, it's so nice to have a totally up day for a change! You have a great weekend as well and thanks for the well wishes!

Pam
  • pscott1

Sounds like you are a Survivor
    Happy to hear treatment is working and your car accident means you are a survivor and someone has important things for you to do. I too survived a head on car collision 20 years ago and now I am hoping I too will survive colon cancer Stage3 with 5/20 nodes with clear scan after chemo. Wishing well for you as well.

I have been in such a
    I have been in such a scepticle sort of funk since I found out I had mets to my liver but thru the encouragement I've gotten on this board and just getting the mindset of fighting this no matter what, it seems to be all paying off now. We'll beat this...I have too many things to live for and I'm sure you do too. Cancer is truly the worst thing I've ever had to deal with but I believe it has put me in a spot where I am slowly seeing my place in life and learning to appreciate the things I have. My kids, great friends, my family, just even the small things. I don't know how this will all end but I'm going to enjoy the good news while it lasts and deal with whatever comes next at the time. Have a wonderful weekend and hang in there!

Pam
  • pscott1
    karguy said:

Congratulations

Thanks karguy! I'm very
    Thanks karguy! I'm very encouraged. Thanks for the well wishes and have a great weekend!

Pam
  • pscott1
    AnneCan said:

Thanks for sharing your GREAT news!
    I am sorry you were in a car accident, but I am glad you are fine!

Thanks Anne...it was a
    Thanks Anne...it was a scarey time but thankful no one was seriously hurt.
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    You are a survivor! Great
    You are a survivor! Great news and I'm so glad you are ok from that car accident!...good luck with the surgery.....I am wondering why the break from chemo when it is working so well for you? You're doing great girl :)

Love and hugs, Gail
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    plh4gail said:

You are a survivor! Great news and I'm so glad you are ok from that car accident!...good luck with the surgery.....I am wondering why the break from chemo when it is working so well for you? You're doing great girl :)

Love and hugs, Gail

thats awsome
    about your good news.i have had good news also.my tumors are shrinking on my liver and lung so we can both share our good news together...Godbless...johnnybegood
  • sus21an
    sus21an Member Posts: 2
    tootsie1 said:

Yay!
    Hi, Pam.

*hugs*
    Gail

I noticed that you joined
    I noticed that you joined CSN about the same time I found out I had rectal cancer. How are you now that 3 years have passed? Hopefully you have been cancer free and are a real survivor.

Sue
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    hi pam fingers crossed
    great news.
    hugs,
    pete
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Great news
    I am very happy for you....I pray all goes well and the lesions are all gone...

God Bless
    Beth
  • pscott1
    plh4gail said:

Love and hugs, Gail

I'm not sure why they would
    I'm not sure why they would give me a break. My concern is getting the tumors out of my liver and if I can do that resection at my 6th treatment that works fine for me. Gail, I meant to ask you about your hair. I've just had my 3rd treatment and my hair folicles started opening up after my 2nd treatment; now my scalp is red and itchy and I'm getting small sores in several places. My hair is coming out a little more than at first. Not sure if I will lose it all or just thin out. When did yours start really noticeably start falling out?

P.S. Thanks for the words of encouragment! I'm in it for the long haul now!!! :)

Love and hugs back,

Pam