Never thought I would be happy to me 64!!!

Yeah I will be 64 on the 29th . One more year and I get medicare if I decide to retire. I use to dread beinjg a year older. Now I feel blessed!!!

Comments

• KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    Joanie, I forgot that we
    Joanie, I forgot that we share the same birthday! I will be 52 on Sunday. It certainly feels different this year. I guess that I will never take birthdays for granted again. We are blessed to be able to celebrate this year. Enjoy your day.

Kellie
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    KC13167 said:

Joanie, I forgot that we
    Joanie, I forgot that we share the same birthday! I will be 52 on Sunday. It certainly feels different this year. I guess that I will never take birthdays for granted again. We are blessed to be able to celebrate this year. Enjoy your day.

Kellie

Past 60
    To be honest with ya' when I was younger nobody ever thought I'd make it to 30. I wasn't sick or anything, just a wild child. Could ride a wheelie on a motorcycle for over 1/2 a mile. Some of the other stuff scares me to remember.Now 62 and the minds willing,but the body couldn't take it. LOL
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Happy Birthday
    Dear Joanie,

I am glad I signed on this morning, Saturday. I will be absent from this site until Tuesday.

Each day that I feel good is a blessing. Ditto, when I celebrate a birthdday or something special.

Healthy, happy and wonderful wishes for your 64th. Love Maggie
  • bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    Happy Birthday to all celebrating
    Your post brought up the memory of my 40th birthday, a bit ago, cough cough. lol. I remember thinking the same thing 'glad to be 40' and then that was followed by the realization that other women and men were mourning turning 40 but I was just glad to be any age after battling cancer and harsh treatments. How different dealing with your own mortality as we do can make us feel about aging eh?

Sometimes even now I think back to that time women go through at 40 when they feel it is all over and it's strange but I wonder if I sort of missed that stage in my life - albeit not a real celebratory one - but still a more normal passage because at that time survival was on my mind - not going into a new decade as a crisis - just surviving as a crisis.

There are other times like that that I feel I missed that other women deal with as milestones like premature menopause for me that was brought on by treatments when I was only 41. I mean to me it was a bonus to get rid of 'all that montly stuff' but I wasn't like everyone else who didn't deal with all of that til much later.

I guess I am talking about, in both instances, feeling different than other women due to these two situations that sometimes cancer brings to our table of life. Just a reflection on a rainy cool spring day here in Canada.

Blessings,

Bluerose
  • Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168
    bluerose said:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating
    Your post brought up the memory of my 40th birthday, a bit ago, cough cough. lol. I remember thinking the same thing 'glad to be 40' and then that was followed by the realization that other women and men were mourning turning 40 but I was just glad to be any age after battling cancer and harsh treatments. How different dealing with your own mortality as we do can make us feel about aging eh?

Sometimes even now I think back to that time women go through at 40 when they feel it is all over and it's strange but I wonder if I sort of missed that stage in my life - albeit not a real celebratory one - but still a more normal passage because at that time survival was on my mind - not going into a new decade as a crisis - just surviving as a crisis.

There are other times like that that I feel I missed that other women deal with as milestones like premature menopause for me that was brought on by treatments when I was only 41. I mean to me it was a bonus to get rid of 'all that montly stuff' but I wasn't like everyone else who didn't deal with all of that til much later.

I guess I am talking about, in both instances, feeling different than other women due to these two situations that sometimes cancer brings to our table of life. Just a reflection on a rainy cool spring day here in Canada.

Blessings,

Bluerose

Birthday Blessings
    Ladies have a wonderful day.Enjoy............Hugs,Michele Dx95 FNHL3
  • cookingirl
    cookingirl Member Posts: 183 Member
    Happy Birthday, Joanie!
    Happy 64th bday, Joanie! When you're celebrating that tomorrow, husband Sy and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on that very day! We'd hoped to plan a trip to British Columbia for that special occasion, but it will have to be postponed til later when better health allows travel.

I do hope you have a wonderful day with your family and many, many more birthdays to come! Much love to you - Fran
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    KC13167 said:

Joanie, I forgot that we

Kellie

Happy Birthday Kelli
    Hi Kelli
    Hope you are having a good day . Happy Bithday and may you have at least 40 more!!!!!!
  • JoanieP

Happy Birthday, Joanie!
    Happy 64th bday, Joanie! When you're celebrating that tomorrow, husband Sy and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on that very day! We'd hoped to plan a trip to British Columbia for that special occasion, but it will have to be postponed til later when better health allows travel.

I do hope you have a wonderful day with your family and many, many more birthdays to come! Much love to you - Fran

Thanks Fran
    Hi Fran,
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. John still has the shingles (3 weeks) so my daughter and I went to church and John and I ordered take out. The family is coming tomorrow to go to a place to eat on the water. Our son will captain. Happy anniversary !!! 25 years!!! A real milestone. We will celebrate our 41st on the 4th of July. I hope you are having better days . Love Joanie
  • skuttlebug
    skuttlebug Member Posts: 45
    JoanieP said:

Thanks Fran
    Hi Fran,
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. John still has the shingles (3 weeks) so my daughter and I went to church and John and I ordered take out. The family is coming tomorrow to go to a place to eat on the water. Our son will captain. Happy anniversary !!! 25 years!!! A real milestone. We will celebrate our 41st on the 4th of July. I hope you are having better days . Love Joanie

birthday
    happy birthday joanie i hope you have a wonderful day and many many more. blessings denise
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

birthday
    happy birthday joanie i hope you have a wonderful day and many many more. blessings denise

Happy Anniversary...
    Hi Fran,
    Just wanted to wish you a Happy 25th Anniversary. I hope you and hubby had a wonderful day together. Much Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)
  • hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member
    I can identify with you, when you are young you can not wait to get older and now that I am 65 I wonder were the time went too.
    Now I am just counting my Blessings that I am still here. The last two years I would not want to repeat for anything in the world.
    While I was going through Chemo my poor mom got colon cancer. And she was 88 and the dr said she would never make it with chemo. So Mom died last March.
    This was horrendously horrible time.
    But still counting my blessings, and miss my mother daily.
    Hope you are doing well,
    Hilde
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    happy
    happy birthday guy's many, many more!!!!!
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    JoanieP said:

Happy Birthday Kelli
    Hi Kelli
    Hope you are having a good day . Happy Bithday and may you have at least 40 more!!!!!!

Right back at you Joanie!
    Right back at you Joanie!

Hope you enjoyed your day,
    Kellie
  • CountryGal7557
    CountryGal7557 Member Posts: 164 Member
    KC13167 said:

Joanie, I forgot that we

Kellie

Happy B'day Joanie & Kellie!
    Happy B'day Joanie & Kellie! Hope your day was everything you hoped for and MORE!!! =)
  • JoanieP
    hilde451 said:

I can identify with you, when you are young you can not wait to get older and now that I am 65 I wonder were the time went too.
    Now I am just counting my Blessings that I am still here. The last two years I would not want to repeat for anything in the world.
    While I was going through Chemo my poor mom got colon cancer. And she was 88 and the dr said she would never make it with chemo. So Mom died last March.
    This was horrendously horrible time.
    But still counting my blessings, and miss my mother daily.
    Hope you are doing well,
    Hilde

always
    Hi Hilde,
    I am so sorry about your mom. My mom died at almost 86, 13 years ago and I miss her all the time. My hand feels like hers now so if I hold my own hand it feels like hers:) Yeah medicare!!!!