Options
2»

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mamolady said:

2 months
    Once the patchy bald spots filled in. Still really short but not patchy anymore. The warmth is the biggest factor. It is too warm most days to wear much. If it is chilly I start the day with a hat but usually loose it as the day gets warmer.
    Cindy

Congrats on going
    Congrats on going topless!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mamolady said:

2 months
    Once the patchy bald spots filled in. Still really short but not patchy anymore. The warmth is the biggest factor. It is too warm most days to wear much. If it is chilly I start the day with a hat but usually loose it as the day gets warmer.
    Cindy

darn double posts
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    BMS said:

Northern VA
    Hey, Patti Anne...I am in NOVA, too! Hot weather kicking in and I am ready to go topless. Today I came into work wearing just a cute ball cap. My hair, as you can see from my picture, is still filling in, but I am ready to ditch the wig.

Thanks for all the stories. I'll keep you posted!

Bonnie

Congrats on ditching the wig
    Congrats on ditching the wig Bonnie! You look beautiful!

Sue :)
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    CAchick said:

You look cute!
    Hi, I had my chemo in Fall of 2009, and then radiation in spring 2010. Finished rads in early March, and hair was slowing growing in, but I kept working the whole time, so I wore wigs (had three of them). About April of 2010, it was getting too hot for the wigs (I live in Alabama). So, I came out of the wigs in mid-April. I was really scared and sort of self conscious, but people at work were supportive. You are lucky, you have such a pretty face! You go girl!!

Congrats! I think you look
    Congrats! I think you look great!

Hugs, Kylez
  • DiscoDiva
    DiscoDiva Member Posts: 7
    Options
    BMS said:

Felt Great!
    I have done away with the wig! I bought a couple of cute hats that I have started wearing, which are cotton and way cooler than the wig. And I even went swimming this weekend, which meant, going completely topless! The hair (everywhere) is growing pretty quickly now. Bummer...I got used to not shaving my legs!

Bonnie

6 months for me!
    Hi there!

Congratulations! It was about 6 months after chemo during radiation that I went without my scarf. It was great, people thought it looked chic and stylish. (I had always had long hair)

I have found short hair is awesome! I never realized how much time I spent fixing my hair. And at the beach, there are no worries...and no tangles!

I hope you have a blast debuting your new style to the world.

Be a sassy survivor! :O)
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    DiscoDiva said:

6 months for me!
    Hi there!

Congratulations! It was about 6 months after chemo during radiation that I went without my scarf. It was great, people thought it looked chic and stylish. (I had always had long hair)

I have found short hair is awesome! I never realized how much time I spent fixing my hair. And at the beach, there are no worries...and no tangles!

I hope you have a blast debuting your new style to the world.

Be a sassy survivor! :O)

About 6 monthes
    But it was winter in PA and too cold to go without something. I wore hats a lot rather than the wig (and nothing around the house) so it had to get a little warmer outside before I gave up something on my head. Make sure to keep covered outside though, even if just a scarf, so you don't get sunburned.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Liberating --- no doubt!
    I found ditching my hats, scarves and ball caps -- freeing. I walked PROUDLY sporting my short buzz do -- my badge of honor --. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs -- I am a Breast Cancer - SURVIVOR! I did mention those very same words, whenever someone stared at me at the store -- or having dinner ..

You GO Girls --- !!!

Strength, Courage and Happy rapid hair re=growth,

Vicki Sam

Congrats to you Bonnie!

Congrats to you Bonnie!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

About 6 monthes
    But it was winter in PA and too cold to go without something. I wore hats a lot rather than the wig (and nothing around the house) so it had to get a little warmer outside before I gave up something on my head. Make sure to keep covered outside though, even if just a scarf, so you don't get sunburned.

congrats!!!!!i didnt miss
    congrats!!!!!
    i didnt miss shaving my legs although i dont have to shave it often. sometimes I forget AND wear a skirt and go "oops" My eyelashes fall out very haphazardly still, they can look normal and then the next day be all different lengths. weird!!!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    BMS said:

Felt Great!
    I have done away with the wig! I bought a couple of cute hats that I have started wearing, which are cotton and way cooler than the wig. And I even went swimming this weekend, which meant, going completely topless! The hair (everywhere) is growing pretty quickly now. Bummer...I got used to not shaving my legs!

Bonnie

Be gone wig! LOL I love
    Be gone wig! LOL I love hats and I bet you look great in them. You look beautiful in this picture!