Monika (Mopar) deserves an award

Options
2»

Comments

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

PG, you are very kind. I
    PG, you are very kind. I think it's worth mentioning that not everyone who joins this group is crazy about me, or more precisely, what I have to say, and that's okay. In fact, it's great. We desperately NEED choices - different perspectives, different treatment options - from the day of our diagnosis to, God forbid, decisions about Hospice and palliative care. There is no reason we cannot ALL get along like civilized adults, even if we don't always agree. Nancy Mellen and I are great friends, yet we have different approaches to everything from after-care to lighting decor (a little joke from a Facebook discussion).

I do try to answer most of the posts, but no one says the right thing, all the time. And no one is going to agree with you, all the time. People are going to post things that you feel are inaccurate, all the time (well, not really all the time, but I was on a roll there). Never be afraid to give us your opinions. And never be afraid to disagree with someone else's. The key is not to preach. Give us your best facts, cite your sources, and share your innermost beliefs, but don't beat people over the head with it.

I got an email from someone I had disagreed with and she said I was "mean." I'm not mean; I'm simply not inclined to take everything I read on the Internet at face value. And neither should you. Any of you. Sometimes Google is your friend - sometimes, not so much. I love it when posters include citations within their posts, especially if it's a controversial issue.

But I love you all. You are all my sisters and as my kids used to say, "You mess with one of us, you've messed with all of us." Long live the teal sisterhood.

Carlene

Carlene
    I enjoy your posts. I sometimes think I can imagine what your voice sounds like. Looking at your picture, reading your words and knowing you are from Texas, I suspect you are a real firecracker. Not mean but certainly not afraid to voice your opinion. That is what I really like about this board. We can voice our opinion because everybody has a right and a need to be heard.

Karen
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    This board is an OASIS
    I have had the privilege of being a part of several boards, and this is the one that is the best for hospitality, information and support overall, that I have experienced. I'm sure there are many memebers who read, but never participate, and I think that is ok too. I was a lurker for a long time before I had the nerve to come on. For some of us, it is scary to put our words/emotions/stories out there into the cyberworld. But, once I did it, there was no turning back. I have received comfort, information and become friends with so many wonderful women that I have never even met.

Carlene, I too appreciate you so much and your eargerness to always keep things going. Your 1438 posts have always carried the theme of hospitality regardless of the content. And you make us all LAUGH when we really need it. THank you for that!!!

Monika!!! I didn't realize it had been so long!!! Wow. Rock on! Thank you for sticking around, and being the sweet voice of comfort to so many.

Thank you to all of you who are always there, reading and responding. Without your few minutes of participation daily, we would not have ths OASIS. What a gift.
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    kikz said:

Carlene
    I enjoy your posts. I sometimes think I can imagine what your voice sounds like. Looking at your picture, reading your words and knowing you are from Texas, I suspect you are a real firecracker. Not mean but certainly not afraid to voice your opinion. That is what I really like about this board. We can voice our opinion because everybody has a right and a need to be heard.

Karen

Karen....I have the most
    Karen....I have the most horrid voice in the world. It is so distinctive (but not in a good way), people who have not seen me in 20 years recognize me as soon as I open my mouth. I don't think I have an accent, but everyone else seems to.

I may not agree with someone's post, but I will always defend their right to post whatever is on their mind - except the occasional spammer. I hate those people.

Carlene
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    srwruns said:

Out of curiousity were you
    Out of curiousity were you clear cell? I am 1C clear cell and I know clear cell often gets DX at earlier stages because it generally has more symptoms early on (I had a 16cm tumor and I'm a relatively small person). I was 1C because of tumor rupture also. As for typos, IC to IV would be easy as "C" and "V" are right next to each other on the keyboard.

YES, CLEAR CELL
    And thanks for giving me some space reqarding the typo!

When I had my first surgery, the doctor did not do a 'wash'. They put fluid in the abdominal cavity and test it for cancer cells. It was obvious with the rupture that the wash would be positive. However, after my second surgery, he did do the wash and it was clear. I know that's not a guarantee that it won't come back, but I'm grateful that I'm still NED. My heart aches for all of the women who deal with this day after day, year after year. I sure hope that Dr. Oz's attention to this disease has woken everyone up, especially the 'powers that be'. So much more research is needed, and although I know there have been so amazing strides, it's just never fast enough.

Once again, appreciating all your kinds words and love! Luv you all!

Monika