The Big Cannons V A Compromise Approach to Chemo - Last Post

ecourtney
ecourtney Member Posts: 39
I regret that I have to advise you that my 50 year old brother, whom I sought your advice on with my "Big Cannons" posting passed away on 19th May. Thankfully the end came relatively quickly and although he went downhill fast, he was still in a position to pass on his final thoughts to most of his close family and friends. Whilst we knew as a stage IV sufferer that there could only be one outcome the speed of the transformation in his condition took everyone by surprise. I would like to thank everyone who offered us advice and supported us on our journey. This was indispensable and my one regret is that I did not find out about this site until the latter stages of his illness. His passing is the more poignant by the fact that he became a grandad for the first time with the birth of a beautiful grandson just 10 days before his death.
I will continue to support the site in the future as I feel that whilst every case is different we can all learn from each others experiences and it will best serve my brothers memory if others benefit in any small way.
Thank you all again and God bless
E Courtney

Comments

• sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Sorry to hear of your
    Sorry to hear of your brothers passing. I'm so glad he got to experience the joy of the new grandson. I'm sure this was a very bright moment for him.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family, Sandra
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Thank you for letting us
    Thank you for letting us know about Peter's passing. I am so sorry for your loss - but happy to hear that he was able to experience the birth of his first grandson. Nothing anyone can say can ease the pain you and your family are feeling right now. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Cindy
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    The news of your bother's
    The news of your bother's passing saddens us greatly. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Cheryl
  • mrsbotch
    mrsbotch Member Posts: 349
    I am sorr
    Your brothers death is just one more sadness on this site. I am so very sorry for your family.
    This is a horrible cancer and I wish none of us had ever heard of it but we did and we all are suffering in one way or another. I truly am sorry for you..

Love
    Barb
  • fredswilma
    fredswilma Member Posts: 185
    So sorry to hear of your
    So sorry to hear of your brothers passing, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Ann
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member

So sorry to hear of your
    So sorry to hear of your brothers passing, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Ann

My condolences
    My condolences to you and your family at this time.