Sick

Options
clamryn
clamryn Member Posts: 508
I am sick. I have diaphrea and nausea. I am on Avastin every 3 weeks. I think it might be the flu. What can I take. I was up all last night and today. It is not stopping.

Help please
Linda

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Do you have anti-nausea pills from other chemos?
    If you don't have any good prescription anti-nausea pills, please call your oncology nurse and have one called in to your local pharmacy. I think you can take immodium for the diahrea, although I personally hate that stuff. But it does work. (((Linda))).

& take your temperature every few hours. If it goes over 101.5 you need to call that in and probably be seen. That's important.
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options

Do you have anti-nausea pills from other chemos?
    If you don't have any good prescription anti-nausea pills, please call your oncology nurse and have one called in to your local pharmacy. I think you can take immodium for the diahrea, although I personally hate that stuff. But it does work. (((Linda))).

& take your temperature every few hours. If it goes over 101.5 you need to call that in and probably be seen. That's important.

Thank you thank you.
    I do have some anti-nausea pills. I am going to call my son to go get me some imodium. He doesn't live too far away. (about 20 minutes). I don't have a temperature (thank goodness). And the hearing in one of my ears is stopped up. That is why I was thinking it might be a bug that I have caught.

If the imodium doesn't work, I am going to call. It has just made me so weak. I have been trying to drink as much as I can.

Thank you so much. Praying tomorrow is a better day.

Linda
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    clamryn said:

Thank you thank you.
    I do have some anti-nausea pills. I am going to call my son to go get me some imodium. He doesn't live too far away. (about 20 minutes). I don't have a temperature (thank goodness). And the hearing in one of my ears is stopped up. That is why I was thinking it might be a bug that I have caught.

If the imodium doesn't work, I am going to call. It has just made me so weak. I have been trying to drink as much as I can.

Thank you so much. Praying tomorrow is a better day.

Linda

me too
    hope you are feeling better by tommorow. If not I would call md. Keep yourself hydrated, try Gatorade. Keep us posted. ..val
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    hope you're feeling better
    Have you let your ONC/ONC nurse know what going on? I deveoped an ear infection a few weeks ago that took two rounds of antibiotics to eliminate ( good old lower immunity from all that chemo!) Here's hoping that today is a better day for you.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Get better to enjoy the
    Get better to enjoy the weekend!
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    srwruns said:

Get better to enjoy the
    Get better to enjoy the weekend!