Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
Just wondering about how your Father is doing my friend

Hondo

Comments

• Jason1111
    Jason1111 Member Posts: 64
    Options
    My Gosh! Sorry Hondo. I
    My Gosh! Sorry Hondo. I havent been on here in a while I apologize.
    My Father is doing real well. He has healed faster than expected, probably because I have kept him full of Glucerna and Juven. He starts his Radiation and chemo treatments next Wednesday the 15th of June. he is having 7 weeks of treatment, radiation 5 times a week and chemo once a week. He went to see the radiologist this past Monday, and he said that the "C" has leaked out of a few of the lymph nodes and into the bloodstream. from what I have read, its not a good thing if it leaks out, but if its in the Lymphatic system, it would almost have to be in the blood stream wouldn't it?? Not sure. Anyhow, the surgeon took out 29 lymph nodes on the right side of his neck and 22 of them were cancerous. They did not take any out of his left side yet, because of the removal of the jugular vein on the right side. They said that it was enough for him to recover from in one surgery. they are going to wait and see what the radiation and chemo do to the lymph nodes on the left side of his neck before the decide wether or not to have another surgery. He was back to eating everything under the sun about 2 weeks post surgery and has been ever since. We are trying to get him to gain some weight going into radiation and chemo cause I know its going to take its toll on him. He is back up to his normal weight thanks to the Glucerna and Juven, but i wanna get him like a thanksgiving turkey ahead of time. In addition, he is going to get the PEG inserted next week I believe. I have heard that those are pretty much a necessity at this stage of the game. As far as his scar, you can
    t hardly even tell he has had any surgery. It healed up greatly to say the least!!
    Thats just about all for now. I will keep everyone up to date hopefully on the situation as it progresses. I also have been keeping a diary so that he and i have something to reflect on in the future. I shaved my head last night, to help in the support efforts, not that I had a whole lotta hair anyway being in the military and all. And my son is going to dye his hair yellow and red, which are the colors of his Massey Harris tractors that he takes to tractor shows throughout the year. THis is what we are going to look until my Father, my sons Grandfather, is NED.
    Thanks again for your concern Hondo, and I will definately try to make it less time before I post an update.

Take care!
    Jason
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Jason1111 said:

My Gosh! Sorry Hondo. I
    My Gosh! Sorry Hondo. I havent been on here in a while I apologize.
    My Father is doing real well. He has healed faster than expected, probably because I have kept him full of Glucerna and Juven. He starts his Radiation and chemo treatments next Wednesday the 15th of June. he is having 7 weeks of treatment, radiation 5 times a week and chemo once a week. He went to see the radiologist this past Monday, and he said that the "C" has leaked out of a few of the lymph nodes and into the bloodstream. from what I have read, its not a good thing if it leaks out, but if its in the Lymphatic system, it would almost have to be in the blood stream wouldn't it?? Not sure. Anyhow, the surgeon took out 29 lymph nodes on the right side of his neck and 22 of them were cancerous. They did not take any out of his left side yet, because of the removal of the jugular vein on the right side. They said that it was enough for him to recover from in one surgery. they are going to wait and see what the radiation and chemo do to the lymph nodes on the left side of his neck before the decide wether or not to have another surgery. He was back to eating everything under the sun about 2 weeks post surgery and has been ever since. We are trying to get him to gain some weight going into radiation and chemo cause I know its going to take its toll on him. He is back up to his normal weight thanks to the Glucerna and Juven, but i wanna get him like a thanksgiving turkey ahead of time. In addition, he is going to get the PEG inserted next week I believe. I have heard that those are pretty much a necessity at this stage of the game. As far as his scar, you can
    t hardly even tell he has had any surgery. It healed up greatly to say the least!!
    Thats just about all for now. I will keep everyone up to date hopefully on the situation as it progresses. I also have been keeping a diary so that he and i have something to reflect on in the future. I shaved my head last night, to help in the support efforts, not that I had a whole lotta hair anyway being in the military and all. And my son is going to dye his hair yellow and red, which are the colors of his Massey Harris tractors that he takes to tractor shows throughout the year. THis is what we are going to look until my Father, my sons Grandfather, is NED.
    Thanks again for your concern Hondo, and I will definately try to make it less time before I post an update.

Take care!
    Jason

Hi Jason

Glad to hear for you my friend, I know it is hard on you to see your Dad going through this but hang in there with him he needs you. I know how much I needed my children and I was glad that they were there for me.

Thanks
    Hondo