Take The Time...

emamei
emamei Member Posts: 146 Member
"We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are". Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes offer true wisdom on mindfulness. I've been studying mindfulness and how to apply the practice to my daily life. In reflecting on mindfulness the following came to mind...

Life is too short. It is too easy to take other people, possessions, position, status, education, where we live, relationships, friendships and life itself for granted.

You really do not know how valuable what you have in your life is, until you lose it. However, again it is too easy to live in denial about this – oh it’ll never happen to me, I’ve got it made, or he/she or I will never die...

Appreciate those who are close to you, your wife, husband, children, grandchildren, parents, siblings, friends, and lovers; Live life through their eyes once in a while to fully see how special they are. Learn not only from your mistakes, but from the mistakes of others. See your strengths and weaknesses and those that are in others. Work to communicate and to resolve. Life is not disposable, people and relationships are not disposable. Cherish and treasure, don’t hurt, or damage those you value. Be charitable in mind and action and never generalize or judge others or think you know it all. Maintain integrity, honesty, morality, and never hate or despise, to do so will take time off your own life.

Worship something greater than yourself and money, someone greater than material possessions. Be both proud and humble. Strive to be your best, minus the arrogance and impudence. Take time to learn always, for pleasure and for personal growth. Life is much too short to not pay heed to such things.

Another saying is to live each day as though it were your last. Again, this too has become so cliché as to lose its powerful meaning. Take a moment and reflect on this statement. If today were your last day, how would you live it? One last thought...you can always make a difference for the better, no matter how small or big, your effort to make a difference matters.

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Beautiful post
    Thank you, emamei, for bringing us these words to live by today.

I like to think--Live in the moment and be kind to everyone you meet--everyone is fighting some kind of fight--maybe even harder than your own.

Hugs to you,
    Renee
  • GrowingSoul
    GrowingSoul Member Posts: 18
    So nice to read your post -
    So nice to read your post - thanks - you made a positive difference in my life today !!!