Blue body secretions from dye

MarleneElla
MarleneElla Member Posts: 22
Here's one I've not seen a recent posting on that I thought I would share. (I'm not sure if others had the same experience.)
They inject the dye for your lymph nodes to soak up. What I didn't know is that makes your urine and stool turn the most interesting shade of blue! The first time I peed after surgery, I thought there was sani-flush in the bowl! After I flushed the water was clear and I was thinking that was weird. I didn't mention it to the recovery room probably because of my post operative haze. It took a few days to get out of my system.
I'm not sure why no one told me to expect that. When I got a call the next day to see how I was doing, I mentioned and they said it was normal.
In some ways, I actually found it funny. Our bodies are pretty incredible!
Marlene

Comments

• butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Yup Marlene,
    I secreted blue dye too. But when the Dr. injected me with that radioactive stuff prior to my surgery he told me that would happen. It was the prettiest aqua blue color you could imagine. LOL.

I definitely liked that color better then the red stuff I was peeing after chemotherapy.

Lorrie
  • GrowingSoul
    GrowingSoul Member Posts: 18
    Blue X-woman !
    Thanks for posting - in case someone else didn't get the info prior to their surgery! Luckily my Surgical Oncologist had pre-warned me.

I experienced the same: blue urine and blue stool. And the skin of my breast, including the nipple area were blue too! I told my family and friends I felt like I was turning into that blue female character in one of the X-men movies :-)

All was back to normal coloring within a few days. Darn - would have been nice to stay a super-woman just a bit longer !!!