MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    dbhadra said:

sending positive thoughts your way
    ...for good results from the bone scan!

Laura

Pain doesn't always mean bad news..
    Linda,

We're with you!....sending all the best to you.. For what it's worth I am reposting my recent experience with pain in the chest,etc...wondering if this is what you are experiencing...

I have posted several times in the last couple of weeks about what I have been experiencing since Feb...pain wise, in the chest, sternum and my bc breast....it became so painful even riding in the car hurt...shoulder belt...had to get my booby pillow back out...hard to sleep...then pain in the bc breast.....sharp shooting pains, dull ache...constantly aware of the breast...2 years since my lumpectomy....was totally pain free until this...anyway, went to my oncologist....was sent for x- rays to rule out any lesions...all clear...was diagnosed with Costochronditis.....then on to my radiologist for my mammo and ultrasound...I've gone to her for 20 years....she had bc 8 years ago...all testing is clear...she explained how radiation can weaken bones etc...and the painful breast is due to nerves regenerating, that can cause pain in and all around the surgical sight........this is a hugely unreported side effect of mastectomy and lumpectomy... she had it and stated it can crop up anytime and takes a good while to resolve itself....

Perhaps this is what you are experiencing....I know I was really scared to find out what was going on...don't know if this helps or not, knowing that pain doesn't always mean bad news...

Please keep us posted ...
    Hugs, Nancy