Options
2»

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Just planting flowers here
    But they are beautiful! Hubby retires this year, so I'm trying to be more practical - more perennials, less annuals. (& avoiding QVC!)

Anyway, last year we planted a moonflower ( an annual). I had never heard of it, but we gave it a try. Oh my! How beautiful it looked in the moonlight! We had up to 14 blossoms at one time. It only blooms at night and the flowers are closed during the day. I bought 4 this year and can't wait to see the flowers. I will let you know when it does.

Sue

We did too Sue. I have
    We did too Sue. I have almost all perennials now, cheaper than buying annuals every year.
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

We did too Sue. I have
    We did too Sue. I have almost all perennials now, cheaper than buying annuals every year.

we just returned
    from a wonderful weekend in the Shenandoah Mountains of Virginia. I was SO happy to be well and able to hike, see the natural beauty and even saw a sunrise. After my rough post chemo last weekend it was SUCH a blessing to be out and about...I felt like I was seeing everything with new eyes.

Laura
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You don't know but...
    I have been following you closely though I do not post as a rule. You mean a lot to me and are always in my thoughts.
    Still wanting to share canollis with you but just blew all my dough on a trip to San Francisco for my baby's graduation which was awesome and full of great food. Actually managed the fatigue to get through a very busy week there.
    Ate at Morimoto's(iron chef) in Napa. As good as one could imagine and more but still long for the old Philly Phood.

If you need anything there let me know I can surely arrange a delivery with all the local connections near you.

Maybe a midnight Wawa emergency fix????????
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    dbhadra said:

we just returned
    from a wonderful weekend in the Shenandoah Mountains of Virginia. I was SO happy to be well and able to hike, see the natural beauty and even saw a sunrise. After my rough post chemo last weekend it was SUCH a blessing to be out and about...I felt like I was seeing everything with new eyes.

Laura

It was a beautiful summer
    It was a beautiful summer day here and my wonderful hubby said "Let's go.! So we did! We just took off driving with nowhere in mind, stopped and had a fantastic lunch in a small, but, fantastic restaurant, drove thru some of the cutest little towns and did some shopping, and, got some take out chicken at a grocery deli and went for a picnic out in the middle of nowhere for dinner. lol It was an awesome day!

Thinking of you Meena and wishing you perfect days!

Sue :)
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Meena you are so loved. I
    Meena you are so loved. I hope that everyone's good news has made you feel as good as it has me. It's so uplifting, thank you for starting this thread.

Hugs,

Linda
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

We're all here, Meena
    So angry that you're not doing well, but I feel honored that you came here to ask for positive stories.

I'm participating in a clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of weekend meditation retreats on blood pressure, heart rate, and stress levels in breast cancer patients. What I have to do is attend a weekend meditation retreat in the mountains, be fed, housed, and trained in meditation. Oh, I have to let them measure my blood pressure, heart rate, and stress tests before and after. Tough assignment! I'll be doing this the end of July and am really looking forward to it.

Thank you for asking us to help.

Suzanne

Like Suzanne, it makes me
    Like Suzanne, it makes me upset to know that you aren't doing well. So unfair!

Continued prayers to you,

Diane
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Hi Meena, Tonight my
    Hi Meena, Tonight my daughter graduated from high school. She was valedictorian and family came from California, Washington, Texas and Nevada to help celebrate. It has been great to have family here in the middle of Idaho. And friends! We had a big party this afternoon and now she (and my husband as a chaperone) are at an all night party at a local hot springs. So many of life's passages are bittersweet. I can't believe she is 18 and going off to college. xoxoxox Lynn

Hi to you Meena! My husband
    Hi to you Meena! My husband and I went away for a few days to a beautiful home on the beach. It was so nice to have the sun and the water to just wipe away everything except having a wonderful time. Wish you could have been there too.

Prayers,

Angie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Cyber hugs to you Meena!
    I know you're tired of all the "blah, blah" stuff. I wish it would go away! We always want to know how you are and what's going on. We support one another a thousand percent.

A positive and inspiring story - I went to church today and the pastor shared a really neat story. At the Church's dowtown location, the folks from our church (pastor & wife, the band and some others) got together and had dinner at a restaurant that is slated to close soon. In chatting with the waitress inquiring about the closure, she expressed her sadness and fear at the fact that she would soon be out of a job. Stuggling to make ends meet and behind on her rent, she was uncertain of her future. Well, little did she know that everyone at that table dug deep in their pockets (and these are NOT rich folks) and tipped her over 800 dollars! She couldn't contain tears of utter joy!

I hope that put a smile on your face sweet Sister.

Love and hugs,

Sylvia

You are a true inspiration
    You are a true inspiration to all of us Meena! You have more courage and strength than I think I ever could have.

I will continue to pray for you!

Hugs, Kylez
  • ilferro1
    ilferro1 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    susie09 said:

Collecting already for the homeless!
    Meena! I have already started collecting coats, gloves, scarves, any clothing to give to the homeless shelters and to any homeless person I see on the street. Last year I had gotten so many from so many wonderful people that everyone got several of each.

There aren't any around here local, but, I take them to the "big" city and distribute them. I have so many friends that help me, that it makes it really fun. Ofcourse, my hubby is always along, just to keep an eye on us.

I have gotten so much personal satisfaction from this, knowing that I am helping others.

Love you Meena!

Kudos
    I think you're doing a wonderful thing!
  • ilferro1
    ilferro1 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    susie09 said:

Collecting already for the homeless!
    Meena! I have already started collecting coats, gloves, scarves, any clothing to give to the homeless shelters and to any homeless person I see on the street. Last year I had gotten so many from so many wonderful people that everyone got several of each.

There aren't any around here local, but, I take them to the "big" city and distribute them. I have so many friends that help me, that it makes it really fun. Ofcourse, my hubby is always along, just to keep an eye on us.

I have gotten so much personal satisfaction from this, knowing that I am helping others.

Love you Meena!

Kudos
    I think you're doing a wonderful thing!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Meena you are so loved. I
    Meena you are so loved. I hope that everyone's good news has made you feel as good as it has me. It's so uplifting, thank you for starting this thread.

Hugs,

Linda

I have some very positive
    I have some very positive news for you. Take a look at all of the posts to you Meena. Talk about being loved and admired on this board, you are!

You are everyone's hero! We are giving you the strength to keep fighting!

Hugs and love,

Lex
  • SoyFuerte
    SoyFuerte Member Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Meena
    New here, new on this "pink" stuff ;)) sorry to read your post... the good news? many, many of girls posting here very good news to you... praying and being here for you, wow I feel better just to read that, and they are not for me hahaha cheer up Meena... God is good and you are very much loved :)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    SoyFuerte said:

Hi Meena
    New here, new on this "pink" stuff ;)) sorry to read your post... the good news? many, many of girls posting here very good news to you... praying and being here for you, wow I feel better just to read that, and they are not for me hahaha cheer up Meena... God is good and you are very much loved :)

Hey Meena
    Ok here's my story, I'll try and make it short. Had a bucket list. Wanted to see the shuttle go up. So last November, my best friend took my husband and I in there big RV to Florida for the shuttle right spent 2 weeks there waiting and waiting, shuttle was canceled. Came home. Shuttle was to go up again the 29th of April, so off we go again the day after Easter we leave. We spend oh almost 3 weeks waiting and they cancel, and we wait again and they cancel. Now I want them to be safe and all, but come on. Well we did go off and enjoy other parts of Florida and came back hoping to see this shuttle go. Nope canceled. So we had to move there or come home. So we left and guess what the thing went up on the Monday we got home. Watched on TV. LOL So much for that bucket right. Feel better. Hugs and prayers your way always
    Kathy
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    tufi000 said:

You don't know but...
    I have been following you closely though I do not post as a rule. You mean a lot to me and are always in my thoughts.
    Still wanting to share canollis with you but just blew all my dough on a trip to San Francisco for my baby's graduation which was awesome and full of great food. Actually managed the fatigue to get through a very busy week there.
    Ate at Morimoto's(iron chef) in Napa. As good as one could imagine and more but still long for the old Philly Phood.

If you need anything there let me know I can surely arrange a delivery with all the local connections near you.

Maybe a midnight Wawa emergency fix????????

Lots of hugs and prayers for
    Lots of hugs and prayers for you Meena.

Hugs, Debby
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    HI
    My good news is that I am done with AC! So happy about that. But I am also happy to see you here. I am praying for you. You will be OK.