beautiful song written by a friend

Options
Daisylin
Daisylin Member Posts: 365
The following link is a song written and preformed by our dear friend Jane Kennedy. She wrote it following my husband Lee's diagnosis with stage iv EC. It is very touching and definitely worth a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM1Q6JM7LqI

Enjoy, have a lovely weekend!
Chantal

Comments

• GerryS
    GerryS Member Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Beautiful.....
    As a one year survivor of EC, music has become very important in my journey. Thank you for sharing, it touched me deeply. God Bless...

Gerry
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Beautiful Song
    Chantal, what a lovely song. I would love to know all of the words if possible.
    I could tell quite a lot of them. What a wonderful gift for you both.

Linda
  • Daisylin
    Daisylin Member Posts: 365
    Options
    linda1120 said:

Beautiful Song
    Chantal, what a lovely song. I would love to know all of the words if possible.
    I could tell quite a lot of them. What a wonderful gift for you both.

Linda

Lyrics
    Hi LInda,

If you click on the 'show more' tab directly under the video, the lyrics are posted there as well.

The Two Percent

I came home in a state of shock,
    A pain in my throat and 12 months on the clock
    And here I sit with my future on my mind,
    of all they might tell me and all they might find

I don't know what lies ahead as I look at the world from this hospital bed,
    So the stats say I'm one in 98, been dealt this hand, will face this fate

But don't you see I've just started this life,
    It's only been a year since I married my wife,
    And don't you know my life's but half spent,
    So please just tell me I'm in the two percent

***"If I emerge on the other side,
    I'll look that dragon right in the eye,
    I'll dare it to burn me, I won't back away,"
    And I'll survive another day

The last verse was a quote from my husband's blog, which I will provide the link for, for anyone interested, it is quite lengthy, but very well written

http://www.yurbo.com/leescancer

Also, when posting the video, I forgot to mention that it is called 'The Two Percent' because initially, before the final diagnosis, we were given a 2% chance that the spots shown on Lee's liver were not actually cancer, but scarring from past illnesses. (not that he had any liver related issues, but I think they just wanted to be 100% sure before staging him). Unfortunately, further testing showed that they were cancerous, and he was staged at a iv.

We are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary this weekend, and I am hoping to have many more to come!

Chantal
  • dodger21
    dodger21 Member Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Lyrics
    Hi LInda,

If you click on the 'show more' tab directly under the video, the lyrics are posted there as well.

The Two Percent

The last verse was a quote from my husband's blog, which I will provide the link for, for anyone interested, it is quite lengthy, but very well written

Also, when posting the video, I forgot to mention that it is called 'The Two Percent' because initially, before the final diagnosis, we were given a 2% chance that the spots shown on Lee's liver were not actually cancer, but scarring from past illnesses. (not that he had any liver related issues, but I think they just wanted to be 100% sure before staging him). Unfortunately, further testing showed that they were cancerous, and he was staged at a iv.

We are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary this weekend, and I am hoping to have many more to come!

Chantal

Happy Wedding Anniversary
    The words are absolutely lovely.

Have a fantastic romantic weekend and I hope you have more anniversaries as well
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Lyrics
    Hi LInda,

The Two Percent

Chantal

Beautiful
    Thank you for sharing Chantal. What a beautiful song! The words are so personal to your situation, what a gift!

I read Lee's blog and I am sorry to hear that he does in fact have stage IV. It was good to read that he may be able to participate in some studies that could increase his time. He sounds like an interesting man. He seems to have a positive attitude about the whole situation.

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I hope Lee is up to celebrating.

Linda