I'm Not Coping Well & In Tears

Options
2»

Comments

• csr771
    csr771 Member Posts: 117
    Options
    It's OK
    I saw your post a couple of days ago and because I have been enduring my own "freak out" time, I did not respond. Reading your post just made me cry. I think that everyone here understands. I find myself sitting at my desk and tears "leak". I am on the bus and looking out the window and tears fall. I can be sitting in my recliner and the tears come. It is a hard thing to be a survivor. After I was diagnosed and before my surgery I asked myself, "what am I surviving to?" I don't know that I have answered that question yet. I think that we all have to do the best that we can. Some days are good days and some are not so good, but we have to keep going. You are no different than any of the rest of us. We hurt. We grieve. We wish that this was not happening to us, our families, our hopes and dreams, but it is. The only thing that we can do is keep on keeping on and hope that one day there will be a day with no tears. Be strong. This too shall pass.
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    coping in Texas
    It sounds like you are doing what you need to do to cope. You have family, a doctors help and a mental health professional. This is a tough journey. I didn't really think about the mastectomy till I scheduled the surgery, then it became a reality. I am not on meds but I am seeing a counselor.
    We all deal with this better on some days not so well on others. Just keep marching on and accept all the help, support and prayers everyone has for you.

Cindy