OT Please say a prayer for all those suffering from the swollen Mississippi River

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
Danny and I went to the French Quarter to see the river. It is so huge and angry looking--and much lower in New Orleans because of the flood spillways than further north. It breaks my heart to think of all of those who have flooded homes or will suffer flooded homes. I am praying that the drought we are having will slow the water down some. So awful.

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I have been thinking of and
    I have been thinking of and praying for all of those anywhere along the Mississippi...be safe, everyone!!!!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    you're right
    It is awful. Our country has been inundated this spring with floods, tornadoes, and wildfires - Mother Nature on a rampage. For about 6 weeks now my thoughts and prayers have been with all who have been affected. In my own tri-state area there have been millions and millions of dollars in losses due to tornadoes and floods, with other areas hit even harder. The good news here is that no human lives were lost. As cancer patients, we have all learned just how precious life is, but this opens your eyes to how quickly lives can be devastated. Thoughts and prayers to all.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I am
    keeping good thoughts for all of those affected by everything that Mother Nature is throwing at us.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I can't imagine being the
    I can't imagine being the person who had to decide about opening the spillway...

Yes, my thoughts and prayers have been sent.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Prayers sent. So much
    Prayers sent. So much hardship down your way....xoxoxox Lynn
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Prayers sent. So much
    Prayers sent. So much hardship down your way....xoxoxox Lynn

Thoughts and Prayers
    Thoughts and Prayers to all who are being affected by the flooding and storms.This is very very tragic.So many are without homes and they are worried they will never have a home.Just a tradgey.I am sure some didn't have insurance.

I know what it is like to loose your house.We lost ours with a house fire.It was horrible and i had nightmares about the house burning.Lost a couple pets etc.It was heart wrenching.Seeing the wild animals in Miss. struggling for life is sad also.I hope everyone got their pets and most of their belonging before they had to leave.

Lynn Smith
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Thoughts and Prayers
    Thoughts and Prayers to all who are being affected by the flooding and storms.This is very very tragic.So many are without homes and they are worried they will never have a home.Just a tradgey.I am sure some didn't have insurance.

I know what it is like to loose your house.We lost ours with a house fire.It was horrible and i had nightmares about the house burning.Lost a couple pets etc.It was heart wrenching.Seeing the wild animals in Miss. struggling for life is sad also.I hope everyone got their pets and most of their belonging before they had to leave.

Lynn Smith

Breaks my heart
    All the destruction. I went thru Hurricane Katrina, I live on the MS.gulf coast, east of Biloxi. Loosing material possessions is bad, but doesn't compare to loosing a loved one. Things can be replaced, what matters most are the people.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    My heart aches for all of those in the pathway
    of the floodwaters. I can't even imagine.

Thank you for posting this - it has been in my thoughts, too.

Sue
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sbmly53 said:

My heart aches for all of those in the pathway
    of the floodwaters. I can't even imagine.

Thank you for posting this - it has been in my thoughts, too.

Sue

Crazy ...hard to imagine! I feel so terrible for
    everyone. Praying and positive thoughts.

Vicki Sam
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Just looking
    at the pictures on the news of the devastating rising river. I think flooding is worse than fire or tornadoes because it takes so long to receed and then the possiblility of disease. My heart goes out to all affected by Mother Nature.
    {{hugs}} Char