Post Chemo

Options
It's me again. My daughter finished abvd on March 17th with her PET scan coming up on the 25th of this month. She is feeling pain in her left shoulder blade which is the same side that she had the mass in her chest on (Hodgkin's). She says it gets worse as the goes by.Has anyone experienced anything like this before or heard of it? I know that everytime she has an ache or pain I panic. Her doctor did say she has what he thinks is scarring in her chest.

Comments

• michelleb1064
    michelleb1064 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Pain
    I have pain in both of my shoulders but I think mine is from keeping my neck stiff. Since my medaport line goes up one side of my neck, I've been affraid to move my neck and shoulders too much thinking I may pull the port line. Because of the lack of motion, I think I have caused muscle strains in both shoulders. Too much movement, too little of movement and repetitive movement can cause strains and other problems in the shoulder areas. If she is like me and kept too stiff, this may be the reason for her pain. They may be able to see this in her PET scan. I know they can see it with a CT scan or MRI.
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Options

Pain
    I have pain in both of my shoulders but I think mine is from keeping my neck stiff. Since my medaport line goes up one side of my neck, I've been affraid to move my neck and shoulders too much thinking I may pull the port line. Because of the lack of motion, I think I have caused muscle strains in both shoulders. Too much movement, too little of movement and repetitive movement can cause strains and other problems in the shoulder areas. If she is like me and kept too stiff, this may be the reason for her pain. They may be able to see this in her PET scan. I know they can see it with a CT scan or MRI.

me too
    I had shoulder pain until I talked to my onc a month ago. I am coming up on 2 years since chem(July 09. He told me to take 1500mr of glucosomine. (sp) ? It works!!!!!
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Options

Pain

me too
    I had shoulder pain until I talked to my onc a month ago. I am coming up on 2 years since chem(July 09. He told me to take 1500mr of glucosomine. (sp) ? It works!!!!!
  • nickydog
    nickydog Member Posts: 76
    Options
    JoanieP said:

me too

Thanks for responding. I am
    Thanks for responding. I am a worrier that's for sure!
  • nickydog
    nickydog Member Posts: 76
    Options

Pain

Thanks. I think that it may
    Thanks. I think that it may have been a result of her position while sleeping. Hopefully it will disappear. We are anxiously awaiting the PET scan and praying for good news.