How does Chat work?

Options
when I click on Chat from left Navigation, I get a blank screen with:

Please e-mail any questions to webmaster@acscsn.org.

How does Chat work?

Thanks
Janelle

Comments

• forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    chat
    Hi Janelle,

I just started using chat a few weeks ago. When you click on chat it takes you to the new screen. It takes up to a minute or so for the room to appear. Be patient, it can be slow to get on. I hope to see you in the chat. Beth is a regular..
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • cookingirl
    cookingirl Member Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    forme said:

chat
    Hi Janelle,

I just started using chat a few weeks ago. When you click on chat it takes you to the new screen. It takes up to a minute or so for the room to appear. Be patient, it can be slow to get on. I hope to see you in the chat. Beth is a regular..
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha

Chat
    Hi - I tried chat months ago but gave up - too many abreviations I didn't know, couldn't find NHL people, etc. I would like to know also how to use it - maybe I didn't give it the proper chance. Can you go on for specific cancers or is it everyone together?
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

Chat
    Hi - I tried chat months ago but gave up - too many abreviations I didn't know, couldn't find NHL people, etc. I would like to know also how to use it - maybe I didn't give it the proper chance. Can you go on for specific cancers or is it everyone together?

Everyone
    It's all survivors and caregivers. At different times there are all kinds of cancer people. There are actually quite a few NHL'rs in there sometimes.

Just keep giving it a chance, it's kind of hard to keep up with all the conversations, but with time you get the hang of it. I love it and the people that are there. Some of the folks have been there with me from the start 5 years ago.
  • Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168
    Options
    dixiegirl said:

Everyone
    It's all survivors and caregivers. At different times there are all kinds of cancer people. There are actually quite a few NHL'rs in there sometimes.

Just keep giving it a chance, it's kind of hard to keep up with all the conversations, but with time you get the hang of it. I love it and the people that are there. Some of the folks have been there with me from the start 5 years ago.

Same problem
    Got the same message.Maybe with a clear head.xoxo to all Michele Dx95 FNHL3
  • CountryGal7557
    CountryGal7557 Member Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    FireFox issue
    I use Firefox as my browser of choice, so I tried Internet Explorer and the Java App opened, so I must have a FF issue with whatever that runs Chat.

Thanks everyone!
    Janelle
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options

FireFox issue
    I use Firefox as my browser of choice, so I tried Internet Explorer and the Java App opened, so I must have a FF issue with whatever that runs Chat.

Thanks everyone!
    Janelle

great
    Hi Janelle,

Glad that you found the problem. Hope to talk with you on chat sometime.

Lisha
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Options
    forme said:

great
    Hi Janelle,

Glad that you found the problem. Hope to talk with you on chat sometime.

Lisha

too slow
    I think my brain and typing skills are too slow!!! I didn't like it
  • saltfox
    saltfox Member Posts: 3
    Options
    chat room entrance
    Hi Janelle,
    I just joined the site yesterday and could not access the chat room from my Color Nook. Please check CSN Help at the top of the page. It describes the process as well as the protocols/etiquette. You probably do not have Java installed on your computer and it was not on my Nook either. I use Firefox exclusively and it worked just fine on my PC. Hope this helps.
    Gary