Moisturizers

Annette 11
Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
edited May 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
I would like to know how many ladies avoid body and face creams with Parabens in the ingredients?? So many moisturizers contain it. Everytime I appy it, I wonder if I shouldn't be using this everyday. Or are you all just not concerned about parabens and apply it anyway?
Thanks for your input.
Annette

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I am not all that concerned.
    I am not all that concerned. I don't check for it, only that it is perfume free. If I worried about everything, I wouldn't be living. Since being diagnosed, I think everyone and their brother has emailed me with a list of what to avoid.... which includes almost everything on earth. So I try and live and eat pretty healthy, but I have a few fav's that I am not willing to give up.
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    camul said:

I am not all that concerned.
    I am not all that concerned. I don't check for it, only that it is perfume free. If I worried about everything, I wouldn't be living. Since being diagnosed, I think everyone and their brother has emailed me with a list of what to avoid.... which includes almost everything on earth. So I try and live and eat pretty healthy, but I have a few fav's that I am not willing to give up.

Can't worry about all of it
    I we avoided everything they say might cause cancer we would have to be put in cryogenic suspension. (Tap water may contain harmful chemicals and additives. Bottled water comes in plastic and may be harmful. You just can't do it!) I try to be sensible, eat healty, follow doctors suggestions. Moisturizers? I'm like "Camul" try to avoid perfumes.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    skipper54 said:

Can't worry about all of it
    I we avoided everything they say might cause cancer we would have to be put in cryogenic suspension. (Tap water may contain harmful chemicals and additives. Bottled water comes in plastic and may be harmful. You just can't do it!) I try to be sensible, eat healty, follow doctors suggestions. Moisturizers? I'm like "Camul" try to avoid perfumes.

Word, camul
    I'm with camul -- I just really feel like I can't possibly do everything, and have to prioritize what's going to be the most important for my health.

In my case, that's eating more fruits and vegetables, avoiding salt, drinking plenty of water, getting more exercise and sleep, and wearing sunscreen. All of that is hard enough.

Traci
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    Skincare
    Annette,

I have not made a direct decision to use skin care without chemicals, etc., but the line I use and love is free of animal derivatives, lanolin, mineral derivatives,synthetic colors and fragrances, sulfate detergents, phthalates, and petrochemicals. (I use Chantecaille. It's expensive but worth every penny!) Regardless of what you decide to do, I think it's extremely important that you use a good quality skin care product. Treatment is extremely hard on your skin and maintaining the proper balance for your skin will help you to maintain healthy skin through and after treatment.

Michele