Ode to My Breast

Options
2»

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Poem
    I am bumping up this wonderful poem since I think a lot of the Pink Sisters might want to see it and it was posted 8 months ago. I think it is something most of us can relate to very well.

IRENE
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

Wonderful Poem
    I am bumping up this wonderful poem since I think a lot of the Pink Sisters might want to see it and it was posted 8 months ago. I think it is something most of us can relate to very well.

IRENE

Thank you
    Irene,

Thank you for bumping this poem. I believe every woman who has lost her breast to cancer relates to
    it so very well.

I looked at the date and knew why I had missed this when it was posted.

Thank you Maria A for expressing the pride, the joy and the sadness of losing a part of us so very well.

Doris
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Thank you
    Irene,

Thank you for bumping this poem. I believe every woman who has lost her breast to cancer relates to
    it so very well.

I looked at the date and knew why I had missed this when it was posted.

Thank you Maria A for expressing the pride, the joy and the sadness of losing a part of us so very well.

Doris

Like Irene
    Like Irene this brought tears to my eyes.The poem is heartbreaking but very real and meaningful.I had a lumpectomy but every day I think I could still be faced with masectomy.You don't know what to do. My friends are doing fine after Stage 3 with some node involvement.One for 17 years and the other for 7 years.My niece at 30 had a double masectomy.One breast with cancer and a year later the other pre cancer.

I missed the first time this was posted but glad I saw it this time.

Lynn Smith