Bad News - Pathology Post Chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Ema--I have metaplastic,
    Ema--I have metaplastic, triple negative breast cancer. The tumor was 5.6cm. I had 33 doses of chemo and the same of radiation. I did have the mastectomy. I felt a lot of fear and if I don't kick myself in the rear, I succum to it even now. I don't think any of us have done anything that caused us to have this disease. I told my husband that cancer is "an equal opportunity destroyer." But I have to say that I've read the stories of many people in this forum who have had some scary diagnosis and are doing fine now. I've read lots of articles on metaplastic cancer (which is rare in itself) and on triple-negative. There is hope out there. Hang on to that as much as you can. Someone in here said to tell the doctor your fears because I do take an anti-depressant which helps. I will pray for you.
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Was dx with TNBC
    Last summer. Grade 2b (because of the tumor size). I had a lumpectomy, followed by a partial mastectomy (to get clear margins). I was fortunate enough to have no lymph node involvement. I had 2 rounds of chemo (taxotere.cytoxan) which was stopped due to my severe reactions. I did not have radiation. I am going on Tuesday (17th) for a double biopsy because they found 2 masses in my "clear" breast last month on ultrasound.

I think it would be easy for anyone to tell you "don't think about dying" but it's a natural thought process. The trick is to not dwell on it. To keep living your life and moving forward. It is not unheard of that some cells survive after chemo and after a second surgery. This doesn't mean that your cancer has metastasized!

It sounds like you have a plan in place and are doing what you can. I think that's all anyone can do. I guess what I'm saying is that I can relate although my daughter is older. We don't want to die and there's no reason to really think we will.

Just know that you have a place of support here. To ask questions, to find a shoulder to lean on, or just to scream until you can't scream anymore.

Hugs,
    Michele
  • HootieGirl
    HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
    Options
    My case is very different,
    My case is very different, but I can relate to you in a lot of ways. My tumor was 8.2 cm and I went through with a lumpectomy and then a single mastectomy. I did inpatient chemo treatment for a week at a time every month and after the 4th month my cancer came back. I know what it's like to fail chemotherapy and feel like there is no hope. But if your cells are staying localized (which it sounds like they are) radiation is such a great option. You have such an incredible group of women on this discussion site who have been through it/are going through it and are here to listen to you vent, share their experiences, and pray for you every step of the way. Just know that God wouldn't give you anything He didn't think you can handle. Its hard to see the good in terrible situations, but I always trust that something good will come out of it. Trust in God and in your doctors and know you can always come here for words of support and encouragement. You're going to get through this! Praying so hard for you

Kat
  • midnight10
    midnight10 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Triple neg
    I am in remission...Diagnosed 7/10 with triple negative 2B with 7 of 15 lymph nodes involved. Chemo, double masectomy with lymph nodes removed on right side and then radiation. Ocologist and surgeon said that's what needed to be done with triple neg w/ lymph node involvement. I'm recovering well...just a few lingering issues. Seeing oncologist every 4 months, primary surgeon every 6 months...I will have exchange surgery to put in the permanent implants in Sept-Oct. Good luck to you.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    emamei said:

Thank you
    Thank you so much Linda. I appreciate your feedback and support. You're right - it is what it is. I am so grateful for you and the other ladies on this forum.

I'm not triple neg. either,
    I'm not triple neg. either, but, wanted to say that I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Hugs, Debby
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

I am not triple negative,
    I am not triple negative, but wanted to share with you that a new friend I met at our last relay for life several weeks ago was, had to end up going back for a mastectomy and is doing well 4 years later. She has had no signs of recurrance anywhere since then. I am sorry you need more surgery and have this worry with which to contend. Please know that we are here for you and my prayers are with you as we speak. (((HUGS)))

Nancy

Lots of hugs and prayers!

Lots of hugs and prayers!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Was dx with TNBC
    Last summer. Grade 2b (because of the tumor size). I had a lumpectomy, followed by a partial mastectomy (to get clear margins). I was fortunate enough to have no lymph node involvement. I had 2 rounds of chemo (taxotere.cytoxan) which was stopped due to my severe reactions. I did not have radiation. I am going on Tuesday (17th) for a double biopsy because they found 2 masses in my "clear" breast last month on ultrasound.

I think it would be easy for anyone to tell you "don't think about dying" but it's a natural thought process. The trick is to not dwell on it. To keep living your life and moving forward. It is not unheard of that some cells survive after chemo and after a second surgery. This doesn't mean that your cancer has metastasized!

It sounds like you have a plan in place and are doing what you can. I think that's all anyone can do. I guess what I'm saying is that I can relate although my daughter is older. We don't want to die and there's no reason to really think we will.

Just know that you have a place of support here. To ask questions, to find a shoulder to lean on, or just to scream until you can't scream anymore.

Hugs,
    Michele

So sorry about the path
    So sorry about the path report. I will be praying for you.

Hugs, Leeza