Options
2»

Comments

• taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options

Cyberknife and FOLFOXIRI
    Hi Tara,

I've had cyberknife for lung mets but not for bone. It was easy to tolerate and my results were good, too. I have also been on FOLFOXIRI and, having been on the other cocktails in various forms through the years, haven' had any trouble with it.

Good luck with both,
    Suzanne

so good to hear
    Suzanne,

That is SO good to hear -- esp about the FOLFOXFIRI -- thanks so much for posting

Tara
  • taraHK
    Options
    mini-update
    Thanks all for the the wonderful responses.

I finished the Cyberknife last Tuesday (yea!). It went very smoothly. I understand one of the reason I had 5 sessions was that the area had been previously irradiated -- and they needed to be REALLY careful -- to prevent long-term damage, etc.

I finally got a start date for my chemo (Thurs 2 June). Although I can't say I'm looking forward to it (!), I AM happy to have the start date -- now I can try to arrange/rearrange my life around that!

And life is good! My two kids (young men now - college age) will both be home this summer, which makes me very happy....

Tara
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    taraHK said:

mini-update
    Thanks all for the the wonderful responses.

I finished the Cyberknife last Tuesday (yea!). It went very smoothly. I understand one of the reason I had 5 sessions was that the area had been previously irradiated -- and they needed to be REALLY careful -- to prevent long-term damage, etc.

I finally got a start date for my chemo (Thurs 2 June). Although I can't say I'm looking forward to it (!), I AM happy to have the start date -- now I can try to arrange/rearrange my life around that!

And life is good! My two kids (young men now - college age) will both be home this summer, which makes me very happy....

Tara

Tara
    Thank you for the update Tara...it's so good to hear some good news. And I am so glad to hear about your kids coming home! My son will be moving back to Cali with his wife this summer also! I'm so happy. I can't believe life can be so good in this crazy mix!

Love, Gail
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    how did it go ?
    lets us know
    hugs,
    pete
  • taraHK
    Options

how did it go ?
    lets us know
    hugs,
    pete

fine
    Cyberknife went absolutely fine. No side effects. The only bad thing was lying with my hands above my head for an hour each time (ouch on the shoulders/arms). But they let me bring in my own CD to listen to, and I brought in meditation/relaxation CDs, which helped a lot :)

Thanks for the loving concern....

Tara
  • luvmum
    luvmum Member Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    taraHK said:

fine
    Cyberknife went absolutely fine. No side effects. The only bad thing was lying with my hands above my head for an hour each time (ouch on the shoulders/arms). But they let me bring in my own CD to listen to, and I brought in meditation/relaxation CDs, which helped a lot :)

Thanks for the loving concern....

Tara

Dear Tara
    Good!!!! I am very happy to know that you are coping Cyberknife well.

Best wishes,
    Dora
  • sassy62
    sassy62 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Tara -
    I just found this

Hi Tara -
    I just found this site 2 days ago and have been typing away ever since. I hope your CyberKnife and chemo treatments were successful.

I will begin CK treatments next week for a menenginoma near the brain stem. I think they feel that they caught the tumor in time for the CK to take care of it. I sure hope so.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    how are you now??
    Hi Tara,

Gosh, I read this post a while back and could have sworn that I replied to it, but I see not- sorry for that oversight. Well- how did it go?????
    Please check in soon-

Hugs to you!!!
    Lisa :)