Mederma®

butterflylvr
butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
Does this stuff really work? Trying to find out what's going to help the road atlas I currently have on each breast. LOL

Comments

• JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    I think Biafine worked
    I think Biafine worked better for me on the skin most irritated. I was fortunate in that I had partial-breast radiation so I didn't have the skin damage nearly as bad. I was still pink and hot towards the end though. I used the Mederma samples in the weeks later.
  • margz35
    margz35 Member Posts: 53
    BioOil - swear by it!
    When I was pregnant, I used it religiously and I now have no stretchmarks across my tummy.

My doctor has ok'd me to use this once the scab has gone from my mastectomy and on the scar under my armpit. It smells nice too.

I got my stash in New Zealand but unless you are planning a trip there soon, you might want to try Wholefoods or a good pharmacy.

I also put it on my face - it is very safe and very nourishing.

Good luck,
    Margz
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    margz35 said:

BioOil - swear by it!
    When I was pregnant, I used it religiously and I now have no stretchmarks across my tummy.

My doctor has ok'd me to use this once the scab has gone from my mastectomy and on the scar under my armpit. It smells nice too.

I got my stash in New Zealand but unless you are planning a trip there soon, you might want to try Wholefoods or a good pharmacy.

I also put it on my face - it is very safe and very nourishing.

Good luck,
    Margz

Mederma
    Does work...hubby used it on a bad scar on his leg.....BUT....always the but...it has to be applied, religiously ....3-4 times a day for 8 weeks on new scars and 3-4 times a day for 3-6 MONTHS on old scars....I have a pharmacist friend who said vitamin E oil works well, too when applied the same way.....