Immodium AD - Is there some type of Nationwide Shortage?

Options
pluckey
pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
I need Immodium AD to regulate my semi colon on a daily basis.
I've been to three major chains in the last 2 weeks and not ONE immodium AD to be found. Only generic,

Is there a shortage or has someone found a way to make a new recreational drug with this too?

Peggy

Comments

  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but i'm going out
    Not sure, but i'm going out today, and will check.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Peggy
    I don't know either, but I guess I'll be out checking today myself. If I find some, I'll send you a bottle if you need it.
    Winter Marie
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Peggy I have it here in
    Peggy I have it here in Cali. Let me know if you want I can over night some to you? I know how it is when you need something and like now.

    Love and hugs, Gail
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    plh4gail said:

    Peggy I have it here in
    Peggy I have it here in Cali. Let me know if you want I can over night some to you? I know how it is when you need something and like now.

    Love and hugs, Gail

    I've used the generic brands
    I've used the generic brands and they seem fine....not sure if you've tried them but I didn't notice any difference.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    BUMMER hope this ain't international shaortage
    surgeon just put me immodium to slow things down and help stools formation.
    must have been 30 to 40 times yesterday. he won't ket me out of hospital unless down to single digits.
    hugs,
    pete
  • bspangler47
    bspangler47 Member Posts: 145
    Options

    BUMMER hope this ain't international shaortage
    surgeon just put me immodium to slow things down and help stools formation.
    must have been 30 to 40 times yesterday. he won't ket me out of hospital unless down to single digits.
    hugs,
    pete

    Immoudinm(sp)
    I usually receive it from my dr. They also prescribed Lomitol. But for back up I buy the Walmart brand and feel it works better then when is prescribed. I find myself taking 3 tablets of the geneic brand on a every day basis.
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

    Immoudinm(sp)
    I usually receive it from my dr. They also prescribed Lomitol. But for back up I buy the Walmart brand and feel it works better then when is prescribed. I find myself taking 3 tablets of the geneic brand on a every day basis.

    I too have taken the Walmart
    I too have taken the Walmart generic brand, and I found it worked as well as Imodium.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    My Best Guess
    is that maybe so many people were told they are full of "it" so they took laxatives and now they can't stop!

    Maybe it's not my best guess...
    Store brands work just as well, look at the label, it's the same ingredients.
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - and I thought it was just the store I was in...
    I needed it during a recent trip to Florida, and the shelves in a major supermarket pharmacy section had none, generic or otherwise. I finally found a single box of Immodium with antacid. Didn't work as well for me (first time I ever needed 3 pills to get things under control, and I was "going" again the next day.)

    I, too, wonder what's up.
  • Jerry Kile
    Jerry Kile Member Posts: 2
    Options
    abrub said:

    Hmmm - and I thought it was just the store I was in...
    I needed it during a recent trip to Florida, and the shelves in a major supermarket pharmacy section had none, generic or otherwise. I finally found a single box of Immodium with antacid. Didn't work as well for me (first time I ever needed 3 pills to get things under control, and I was "going" again the next day.)

    I, too, wonder what's up.

    imodium
    I have been to Walmart, target, Walgreens; nobody has Imodium. I went to Walmart.com and it apepars they do not even carry the product any more.
  • Jerry Kile
    Jerry Kile Member Posts: 2
    Options
    smokeyjoe said:

    I too have taken the Walmart
    I too have taken the Walmart generic brand, and I found it worked as well as Imodium.

    I have nOT had that
    I have nOT had that experience. The generic version of Imodium does not work near as well. the generic version is full of lactose. I hate it.
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Try Lomotil. I liked it
    Try Lomotil. I liked it better then immodium.

    Best Always, mike