Hello- I am new here

Options
2»

Comments

• cfont11
    cfont11 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Sorry to meet
    Sorry to meet like this. I was in shock too when disagnosed last June. This is the right place for support, information, venting, questions, laughing and what ever else you can think of. There is a lot of good information on the ACS website as well as the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition website and many others. The doctors and nurses will give you info as to what your stage means. I was 3C when diagnosed. I hope your surgery went well and you will have a speedy recovery. I also had hysterectomy/debulking but my chemo was before surgery and then a couple of treatments afterwards.

Keep everyone posted on your progress. you will find strength here, as I did.

Prayers to you and your family.

Chris
  • jonnie71
    jonnie71 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    welcome
    the same thing happened to me. had a hysterectomy all except my right ovary, had it removed then found cancer. now having omentum removed on monday the 16th and biopsying everything then about a month later chemo.....
    sounds fairly similar to you huh. i have been here two weeks and love it. everyday i check for encouraging emails.
    you are at a good place.

also i totally understand the num thing, i went through that for about 4 days. just know that you are doing exactly what you are suppose to. you are processing. and your right, it is very difficult to remember it all. try to have someone go with you to appointments so you have an extra set of ears. i know you are brave, because you faced it enough to come here.
    please let me know if there is anything i can do for you. you will be in my prayers.
    jonnie
  • jonnie71
    jonnie71 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    welcome
    the same thing happened to me. had a hysterectomy all except my right ovary, had it removed then found cancer. now having omentum removed on monday the 16th and biopsying everything then about a month later chemo.....
    sounds fairly similar to you huh. i have been here two weeks and love it. everyday i check for encouraging emails.
    you are at a good place.

also i totally understand the num thing, i went through that for about 4 days. just know that you are doing exactly what you are suppose to. you are processing. and your right, it is very difficult to remember it all. try to have someone go with you to appointments so you have an extra set of ears. i know you are brave, because you faced it enough to come here.
    please let me know if there is anything i can do for you. you will be in my prayers.
    jonnie