jawbone replacement surgery

Options
2»

Comments

• hudpur
    hudpur Member Posts: 1
    Options
    jaw replacement surgery

has anybody heard of having a 'new'jaw bone being grown  ( in a lab?) and using it to replace infected /dead jaw ?

• jennings18ump
    jennings18ump Member Posts: 2
    Options
    hudpur said:

jaw replacement surgery

has anybody heard of having a 'new'jaw bone being grown  ( in a lab?) and using it to replace infected /dead jaw ?

new jaw with "STEM CELLS AND rhBMP2

yes... I had this surgery done in 2014/2015. STEM CELLS BONE MARROW SM PIECE OF HIP AND rhBMP2... NO REGRETS.  DR. ROBERT E MARX (Unv. of Miami, FL) the leader in this type of new procedure...

• jennings18ump
    jennings18ump Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018 #24
    Options

There is another option... I too had ORN from H/N CA in 2004. My jaw was fractured and failed to heal in 2014. Ohio State H/N doctors told me I needed the standard type of jaw surgery.  Luckily I found a "World Famous" Oral/Max surgeon named ROBERT E MARX in Miami Fl. He has pioneered a new procedure for our type of problems. I had 3 surgeries: #1 removal of dead jaw bone and replaced with titanium plate, #2 about 8 months later they did BONE GRAPH SURGERY (no leg bone) using STEM CELLS, BONE MARROW, A SMALL PIECE OF MY RT HIP WITH THIS SPECIAL PROTEIN "rhBMP2" and grew a "NEW JAW BONE", #3  about 6 months later my new jaw was strong enough to replace the 5 teeth that I lost with Implant Posts, 6 months later I got my teeth back............. Dr ROBERT E MARX (Miami, FL ) is who you need to see ASAP. He developed this procedcure along the use of HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY TREATMENTS (these are a must before he will do surgery)... Look him up on the internet and his name EXPLODES....... THIS IS THE GUY YOU NEED TO SEE ASAP!!  My NEW JAW and I (THANKS TO STEM CELLS, rhBMP2 AND HIS RESEARCH) are DOING GREAT...  GOOD LUCK

JOHN F JENNINGS

• Debi16043
    Debi16043 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Jaw replacement

i have had this surgery twice.  In 2011 original surgery to treat cancer of jaw then the new jaw (fibuka) broke from necrosis and was replaced again in september of 2016Mwith my other fibula.  Im doing fine just finally got teeth again after two years of a long process.  Im 64 yrs old and female.  Id be happy to answer any of your questions

• Laura Lynn
    Laura Lynn Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2018 #26
    Options
    Mom facing 2nd jaw bone replacement

my mom is facing this as we speak. Went for ct scan yesterday. Infection has set up and titanium bar is exposed. Horrible for her she is 74 yo. She told me she wants second opinion and we already go to Emory. Not sure what to do or say. I want to get her oN here. She needs to see others that are feeling same as she is. Debi16043 any words of wisdom.? she can only eat soft foods and has no bottom teeth and half her top left.