Is there anyone like me

drea3751
drea3751 Member Posts: 14
So I am new but have been reading for the last six months the discussion boards. I had surgery last october for breast cancer and although the breast surgeron oncologist,my oncoclogy doctor and the breast navigator seem to love to sing the song "you are healed and cancer free." It is a great song if I felt in my heart that I am...I suffer from depression in the best circumstances and this has magnified it..i have nerve damage on my none surgical site(had a unilateral mastectomy) take an additional antibdepressant. I feel sad, embarrassed, empty, lonley(not dating before or after diag)frustrated, and did i mention sad. I pray and pray daily, have many prayer warriors...but i feel as though no one understands the anger, dissappointment.....do you

Comments

• sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    I want to help, I have felt
    I want to help, I have felt the depression creep in and try to crush me. So hard sometimes I just want to hide in my house and stay here forever. I have to force myself out the door. It has helped me so much by reaching out to help someone else. Hope this is somekind of solace and you will write back, you are not alone. You should click on the Chat site anytime, that is so much easier than waiting for a reply here. Some really good people to talk with. Reach out, we are here for you. Go to the Chat, even at 1 am...hang in there, you are not a freak, you are now just freaky baby~Cindy
  • ilferro1
    ilferro1 Member Posts: 20
    I understand
    Have gone through this twice. The depression has gotten worse, I cry at the drop of a hat.
    I had a unilateral mastectomy in 2006. In 2010, Aug., I was diagnosed with stage IV, metastatic breast cancer. My oncologist overlooked the visible signs for 20 months. My dermatologist is the one who finally diagnosed it. So truly, I understand. We have to be glad for the prayer warriors out there...they don't stop praying for any of us. You and I and many like us have to remember that. Someone is praying now.