post mastectomy

deboez
deboez Member Posts: 2
Following MRI, needle biopsy total mastectomy with sentinel node biopsy [4 other nodes also removed] all nodes and tumor margins free of cancer. No treatment required. BUT !!
After 9 weeks I have a seroma running the full length of the breast incision and some puffiness 4" wide around axilla incision. Most of the seroma is hard to touch and on the outer third of the incision there is a golfball sized lump very hard and tender to any pressure. So much so that I am still unable to wear any kind of undergarment to support my other breast or to add padding to the surgical side. Ultra sound from last week suggests possible abscess, hematoma or metastesesPlease advise?!?!?

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I had lumpectomy..so no
    I had lumpectomy..so no advice..just wanted to say thinking of you

Denise
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

I had lumpectomy..so no
    I had lumpectomy..so no advice..just wanted to say thinking of you

Denise

Well, I had a lumpectomy in Dec. '09
    and I developed a seroma/hematoma at the surgical site. I still have a big hard lump there that my surgeon said may never go away. And, that breast collects fluid (lymphedema). An MRI back in December showed the area--now we have to do repeat MRIs every 6 months to check the area. Surgeon said this could be my "new normal". Yippee!

Good luck to you.

Hugs, Renee