Options
2»

Comments

• Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options
    poplolly said:

The weather here never
    The weather here never ceases to amaze me. We have the air conditioner running one day and the heater the next day. I am near Dallas, Texas. What part are you from?

Central
    I live deep in the heart of Central Texas. I am one hour south of Austin and it sounds like about 2 hours from you. And yes, our weather is just plain nuts. A lot of the times we have to run the A/C and the heater all in one day lol
  • Treecy1106
    Treecy1106 Member Posts: 144
    Options
    Me too...
    Hi Dawne...glad to hear you are doing ok. I came home on Thursday after my surgery. The started my reconstruction the same time of the mastectomy. I too thought it would be very upsetting to see myself but I just thankful and grateful that I am alive.
    My Doctor was very positive after the surgery to my son. I also will get more results when I go back on Wednesday.
    Seems like you and I are on the same journey at the same time.

All the best wishes for a speedy recovery coming your way!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Patrice
  • ldpettit
    ldpettit Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Surgery
    Hi there

I haven't been on here as often as I thought I would be, but had you in my prayers. So glad you are home and resting. The drains can be a pain and inconvenient, but necessary. Keep them cleaned out and the site at your skin clean. It will help...

I pray you continue to do well. One day at a time. I had my surgery on 2/14/2011 and today feel good. The right side where they checked the centinodes, etc is still numb, but the oncologist said to expect that. So you may encounter the same.

Keep us updated!!

Lisa
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Drains
    Yes the drains are driving me crazy. The little tabs have fallen off so I feel like the rubber tubing is rubbing my skin raw. I will be so glad when these things come out. What part of Texas are you from? This is crazy weather we are having huh.

So glad you are home. Now
    So glad you are home. Now just take care of yourself and recover.

Hugs, Angie
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

Me too...
    Hi Dawne...glad to hear you are doing ok. I came home on Thursday after my surgery. The started my reconstruction the same time of the mastectomy. I too thought it would be very upsetting to see myself but I just thankful and grateful that I am alive.
    My Doctor was very positive after the surgery to my son. I also will get more results when I go back on Wednesday.
    Seems like you and I are on the same journey at the same time.

All the best wishes for a speedy recovery coming your way!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Patrice

I've been thinking about you
    Hi Patrice,

I've been thinking about you. It looks like our hand holding in the OR helped us huh :) I am so glad that your surgery went well. I hope you are feeling good. I also get my pathology report in the morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying lots of prayers for us both.

Take good care of yourself and you have a speedy recovery too.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Glad to hear you are doing
    Glad to hear you are doing well Dawne. My drain tubes were the only source of discomfort for me post op. Mine were stitched in and when the tubes hang down there was always a slight tug on the incision area. Very sore especially when I moved. So I took a bandaid and created a little sling. So gravity tugged on the bandaid instead of my tubes.

Hang in there it will soon be over and for the record mine didn't hurt one bit when they were pulled out.

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Happy you are home Dawne.
    Happy you are home Dawne. Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Diane
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    Options
    ldpettit said:

Surgery
    Hi there

I haven't been on here as often as I thought I would be, but had you in my prayers. So glad you are home and resting. The drains can be a pain and inconvenient, but necessary. Keep them cleaned out and the site at your skin clean. It will help...

I pray you continue to do well. One day at a time. I had my surgery on 2/14/2011 and today feel good. The right side where they checked the centinodes, etc is still numb, but the oncologist said to expect that. So you may encounter the same.

Keep us updated!!

Lisa

I'm so glad your surgery
    I'm so glad your surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery! Good luck with your pathology report tomorrow and be sure to update us.

Nancy