Taxol question

Options
LVG
LVG Member Posts: 128
Itching / burning sensation - how do you get this under control?
I take a benadryl or hop in the shower. But it often comes back. Also, the benadryl makes me whoosie?

Thanks

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No idea -
    Didn't have that problem with Taxol.

Some will have ideas though.

Susan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

No idea -
    Didn't have that problem with Taxol.

Some will have ideas though.

Susan

I didn't have chemo, so, I
    I didn't have chemo, so, I can't offer advice, but, I am hoping some of the other pink sisters will. Have you called your oncologist about this?

Hugs, Jan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I didn't have chemo, so, I
    I didn't have chemo, so, I can't offer advice, but, I am hoping some of the other pink sisters will. Have you called your oncologist about this?

Hugs, Jan

I didnt have this except at
    I didnt have this except at the end with the neuropathy. But i have heard of it on the hands and feet. I think people used creams and docs ordered steroids. They will hopefully get in from weekend fun and chime in.
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    NO
    I didn't have this side effect. Sorry that you do. Would soothing creams help. I can't remember the name of it but it's a pink cream you can rub on. Perhaps one of our sisters would know what to rub on? Hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs
    Annette
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Options

NO
    I didn't have this side effect. Sorry that you do. Would soothing creams help. I can't remember the name of it but it's a pink cream you can rub on. Perhaps one of our sisters would know what to rub on? Hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs
    Annette

Thanks so much for your
    Thanks so much for your responses.
    I've tried the calamine (sp)? lotion.. which soothese a little. Any other creams seem to smother the itching/burning and make it way worse. I took another benadryl last night and slept through it. Hopefully, this will be a thing of the past after this weekend - since treatments have ended.

Continued better health is wished for all of you!