Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Fans - Any memorable moments?

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited April 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
I have 4:

1. watching the brothers entering the church with their Diana smiles

2. Harry looking back at Kate as she walked down the aisle and
whispering to Will "she looks great" or at least that is what
I thought he said

3. Will looking over at Kate for the first time and telling her she looked
Beautiful

4. Kate and Will's happy, shy smiles after their 2nd kiss

I thought Kate looked absolutely regal, elegant, and poised. Her gown was beautiful and suited her. I had hoped for more of a "wow" factor with the gown, but after seeing it all day yesterday it grew on me and was perfect for her. She is a very attractive young woman. They make a beautiful couple.

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I thought it was beautiful
    I thought it was beautiful and I too was hoping for more of a "wow" with the dress.

I thought her sisters dress was actually more flattering than Kate's and they said that Kate picked that out for her. So I was thinking that Kate probably really wanted to wear that one:)

Overall she was beautiful and I was impressed with how comfortable she looked for what she was getting into!

I was also blown away by the crowd. There were a lot of people and no one was pushing, shoving, and seemed to be really respectful of the occasion.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    My favorite is your #2, Natly
    While William was purposely not wanting to look yet at his bride coming down the aisle, Harry is looking over his shoulder at her, grinning that adorable grin, then says to William (according to the professional lipreaders hired by the BBC), "Wait till you see her." SWOOOOON!!!

My #2 would be them driving from the palace in that convertible -- just the two of them, like any other newlyweds, with all the fooferah trailing from the back of the car, and the "JU5T WED" licence plate. They looked so happy.

I really thought I would love her dress -- I liked it, but didn't love it, and I can't put my finger on why exactly. I love lace, I love modest wedding dresses like hers (I don't think the everybody-look-at-my-breasts plunging sexy dresses that many brides choose now are appropriate.), and I was glad it had a much more reasonable train than Diana's. Don't know what about it didn't "wow" me....

Traci
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Some of the "talking heads"
    Some of the "talking heads" compared Duchess Catherine to Grace Kelly in her bearing and elegance but to me I thought more of Audrey Hepburn.

Her gown was spectacular in it's simplicity and elegance - she really out shown Di. (To me "WOW" factors on something are usually just 'trashy'.)

I think what was most memoralble to me was how Happy that the Queen looked ALL the time.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Rague said:

Some of the "talking heads"
    Some of the "talking heads" compared Duchess Catherine to Grace Kelly in her bearing and elegance but to me I thought more of Audrey Hepburn.

Her gown was spectacular in it's simplicity and elegance - she really out shown Di. (To me "WOW" factors on something are usually just 'trashy'.)

I think what was most memoralble to me was how Happy that the Queen looked ALL the time.

emotion
    The queen did show more emotion than usual - simply by smiling! My favorite single moment was Harry sneaking that peek at Kate walking up the aisle. The first kiss was cute but after the second, it looked like Will was thinking, "oh boy, oh boy, OH BOY!" He was about to jump out of his boots. I also liked watching him take Kate's hand while walking back into the palace. (They royals don't touch much in public.) I wish them life-long happiness!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

emotion
    The queen did show more emotion than usual - simply by smiling! My favorite single moment was Harry sneaking that peek at Kate walking up the aisle. The first kiss was cute but after the second, it looked like Will was thinking, "oh boy, oh boy, OH BOY!" He was about to jump out of his boots. I also liked watching him take Kate's hand while walking back into the palace. (They royals don't touch much in public.) I wish them life-long happiness!

It was a nice reprieve form
    It was a nice reprieve form some other bad news. The closeness of the brothers was lovely to see. Kate and william seem to really be friends and he was like any other groom just not wanting to step on her dress.
    I loved the dress and I have a number of friends and family who were dissapointed. But I loved the classy elegance. and her non need to be over the top. In her way telling people we are going to live this kind of life. I also loved that she said once they got in the hcarriage that she was happy. Neither one seemed to be self focused.
    I am in the minority that i did not love Dianas dress, I liked Fergies more.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    carkris said:

It was a nice reprieve form
    It was a nice reprieve form some other bad news. The closeness of the brothers was lovely to see. Kate and william seem to really be friends and he was like any other groom just not wanting to step on her dress.
    I loved the dress and I have a number of friends and family who were dissapointed. But I loved the classy elegance. and her non need to be over the top. In her way telling people we are going to live this kind of life. I also loved that she said once they got in the hcarriage that she was happy. Neither one seemed to be self focused.
    I am in the minority that i did not love Dianas dress, I liked Fergies more.

Didn't like Di's 'caricture' dress either!
    I don't remember Fergie's dress at all (should look it up) but Di's was (in my opinion and I did watch her wedding on cable AT THE TIME) a little girl playing at being a Disney "Princess". Duchess Catherine's was a very elegant gown appropriate for the level of the ceremony - gorgeous.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Loved it all!
    I agree with your list of favorite moments, Natly. They just look so happy and in love.

My first opinion of the dress was a little disappointing - I was expecting something more modern-looking. I thought that it looked like a dress from the 50's, and then the commentators said it reminded them of Grace Kelly's dress. But over the course of the day, it sort of grew on me.

Was David Beckham absolutely the most beautiful guy at that wedding - wowee!! And I never could figure what he sees in Posh Spice - she is scary.

I am still watching re-runs of Entertainment Tonite and all-day coverage on TLC of both yesterday's wedding as well as Diana's. I just love weddings!!!! I can't get enough of them!
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    linpsu said:

Loved it all!
    I agree with your list of favorite moments, Natly. They just look so happy and in love.

My first opinion of the dress was a little disappointing - I was expecting something more modern-looking. I thought that it looked like a dress from the 50's, and then the commentators said it reminded them of Grace Kelly's dress. But over the course of the day, it sort of grew on me.

Was David Beckham absolutely the most beautiful guy at that wedding - wowee!! And I never could figure what he sees in Posh Spice - she is scary.

I am still watching re-runs of Entertainment Tonite and all-day coverage on TLC of both yesterday's wedding as well as Diana's. I just love weddings!!!! I can't get enough of them!

Everything
    I liked it all. I think Katherine is a very beautiful and graceful young woman. And I love watching the two of them, they seem like they are very much in love.

But what was up with some of those hats those ladies had on? Haha, I laughed so hard it hurt. I just kept thinking, we don't wear hats like that here in Texas lol
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Everything
    I liked it all. I think Katherine is a very beautiful and graceful young woman. And I love watching the two of them, they seem like they are very much in love.

But what was up with some of those hats those ladies had on? Haha, I laughed so hard it hurt. I just kept thinking, we don't wear hats like that here in Texas lol

It was a beautiful occasion
    I was impressed with the grace and dignity that Kate showed. She seemed so mature and regal and it seems like she will handle her "role" very well. I hope they have a long, loving marriage.

The hats were definitely a hoot. Especially Andrew and Fergie's daughter, Beatrice, who sat behind the Queen in the all beige outfit. That hat defied gravity!

Hugs, Renee
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    linpsu said:

Loved it all!

Must respectfully disagree with you, linpsu
    The consensus at my house was that the most beautiful guy at the wedding was Kate's brother, who gave the reading during the ceremony. That tan, those eyes, the gorgeous suit -- hoo-yah!

:-) Traci
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    TraciInLA said:

Must respectfully disagree with you, linpsu
    The consensus at my house was that the most beautiful guy at the wedding was Kate's brother, who gave the reading during the ceremony. That tan, those eyes, the gorgeous suit -- hoo-yah!

:-) Traci

Linpsu and Cousin Traci
    I'm with you Linpsu cant get enough of weddings. I loved weddings and bridal gowns and everything weddings since I was a little girl. I always admired gorgeous brides in the beautiful gowns and bridesmaids in their pretty dresses. Always reminded me of princesses.I watched a rerun last evening and my hubby said, "have you had enough yet'?

Traci I think Beckham was most attractive, but that Middleton guy certainly takes no back seat. He is one handsome dude.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    natly15 said:

Linpsu and Cousin Traci
    I'm with you Linpsu cant get enough of weddings. I loved weddings and bridal gowns and everything weddings since I was a little girl. I always admired gorgeous brides in the beautiful gowns and bridesmaids in their pretty dresses. Always reminded me of princesses.I watched a rerun last evening and my hubby said, "have you had enough yet'?

Traci I think Beckham was most attractive, but that Middleton guy certainly takes no back seat. He is one handsome dude.

I also liked
    I also liked Will taking Kate's hand and walking back into the palace.That was one of the most enduring moments.

The kisses and smiles.They didn't last long but in front of the world they can't.Short and sweet though.

Will and Harry are so close and you could tell that at the wedding.He sure did pump his brother on what his new bride looked like."wait till you see her"

The horse and buggy ride.The same horse and buggy of Diana and Charles(his parents). Like a storybook.

I didn't see the Queen alot but when I saw her some smiles.

One thing I didn't realize that Kate is a commoner like Diana.But what poise/charm they both have.Defintely princesses and both so pretty.

Lynn Smith
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

I also liked
    I also liked Will taking Kate's hand and walking back into the palace.That was one of the most enduring moments.

The kisses and smiles.They didn't last long but in front of the world they can't.Short and sweet though.

Will and Harry are so close and you could tell that at the wedding.He sure did pump his brother on what his new bride looked like."wait till you see her"

The horse and buggy ride.The same horse and buggy of Diana and Charles(his parents). Like a storybook.

I didn't see the Queen alot but when I saw her some smiles.

One thing I didn't realize that Kate is a commoner like Diana.But what poise/charm they both have.Defintely princesses and both so pretty.

Lynn Smith

Loved the whole thing...
    The dress, the smiles, the poise, dignity...loved it all...! Diana was NOT A commoner..(I hate that term) she was LADY Diana Spencer...her father being an Earl...my next door neighbor is from the UK...She keeps me straight on royalty...lol I get all those Ladies, duchesses, countesses, etc. confused...).

But...watching through out the wedding I couldn't help but think, I hope she knows what she's gotten herself into...for the rest of her life she will be under a microscope.....every public outing will be scrutinized...they're just waiting for her first mis step.....the press in the UK loved Diana and Fergie at first.....they put them on a pedestal, then can't wait to knock them off...I hope they are able to live as they choose...

Oh and those hats! I guess they don't call them " fascinators" for the heck of it! Andrew's daughter's hat reminded me of those games at a fair or carnival where you try to toss something through a hole....

Anyhow, I thought her dress was extremely elegant and timeless...the kind she won't have to explain to her kids, 30 years from now...." What was I thinking?" I thought it so sweet the way her father rubbed her fingers as they started down the asile...at one point it looked like his fingers had turned white from the grip Kate had on them...

Final thought...Kate had the last laugh on those who dubbed her "Waity Katey!"
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Natly
    I thought the wedding was beautiful. My religious background is Episcopal and I have been to England and visited the church, the castle, Trafalgar Square, etc. Kate's dress was perfect for her - simple elegance. I loved it and William looked so handsome. I liked the 4 things you pointed out as well as the two of them riding in the Austin that belongs to Prince Philip. Awesome! They do make a beautiful couple. My 5 year old and I got up when Diana married Prince Philip which was very nice but this wedding seemed so much more. I dvr'd 4 hours in the morning and I sat there with a smile on my face watching these two young people starting their lives together. I loved looking at all the different hats too.
    Char
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Natly
    I thought the wedding was beautiful. My religious background is Episcopal and I have been to England and visited the church, the castle, Trafalgar Square, etc. Kate's dress was perfect for her - simple elegance. I loved it and William looked so handsome. I liked the 4 things you pointed out as well as the two of them riding in the Austin that belongs to Prince Philip. Awesome! They do make a beautiful couple. My 5 year old and I got up when Diana married Prince Philip which was very nice but this wedding seemed so much more. I dvr'd 4 hours in the morning and I sat there with a smile on my face watching these two young people starting their lives together. I loved looking at all the different hats too.
    Char

MAJW
    Sorry. Like you said your friend keeps you up on the Royalty .They treated her as such(not good enough in their eyes).Same as Fergie.There will NEVER be another Diana. She was amazing/classy.I still think about her terrible tragic death and yes Kate does need to realize the scutiny that will go along with this marriage.The press etc.

I know someone from the UK and I've never met anyone so crude and unmannerly. she is outgoing but what comes out of her mouth and her rudeness to people at times SHOCKS me.

The hats(yuk).I'm not a hat person anyway but the ladies were trying to outdo one another.I didn't see one hat that was what I call cute. I think all were trying to see who had the biggest hat on their head.

Lynn Smith