1 chemo down, 3 to go!

Options
BioAdoptMom
BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
My first chemo today (Friday) went well and I'm relieved that it's over. I am feeling pretty good tonight thanks to the anti-nausea meds and the steroids, though since 9 PM I have wanted to consume everything in sight, and everything out of sight as well! I have been warned of the crash coming probably Sunday or Monday though and the probable bone pain from the Neulasta I will be getting on Sunday morning. So, I guess I should go get some rest and plan to enjoy tomorrow to its fullest! I am taking all of next week off (Kindergarten teacher) just because I do not know how my body will respond and when you are dependent upon a good sub you just have to plan it ahead of time!

Nancy

Comments

• cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Options
    congrats....you are on your way
    Glad to hear #1 went well........hydrate and rest up..... never know what side effects we get...each of us was so different. I am hoping you will have no problems....but even if you do....you can find the strength deep inside to push forward. If not, just reach out to us and we will send cyber hugs and support. So, you are 1/4 through.........keep strong, and keep us posted. Hugs hugs to you.....
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Good for you...
    You've knocked the first one out! And yes, everyone is different ~ but those steroids had me eating everything under the roof. But the treatments only made me minimally I'll - they knocked me down & out for a few days in a row. But then, I was back up... Taking it very easy. I agree, please continue to hydrate /hydrate. You are doing awesome by planning ahead.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    LVG said:

Good for you...
    You've knocked the first one out! And yes, everyone is different ~ but those steroids had me eating everything under the roof. But the treatments only made me minimally I'll - they knocked me down & out for a few days in a row. But then, I was back up... Taking it very easy. I agree, please continue to hydrate /hydrate. You are doing awesome by planning ahead.

So Glad...
    That you're doing okay....! Remember, we all react differently to chemo...you may not have the side effects others experience... hoping you continue to do well...don't refuse any offers of help, no matter how well or crappy, you feel!

Hugs, Nancy
  • ElizabethB
    ElizabethB Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Congradulations
    So good to hear you are having a good first treatment i had no propblem either the shot i got the very next day with no pain no side effects i hope you have the same good luck xoxxo
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Congradulations
    So good to hear you are having a good first treatment i had no propblem either the shot i got the very next day with no pain no side effects i hope you have the same good luck xoxxo

Wishing you the best with
    Wishing you the best with very little side effects. As someone said you are a 1/4 of the way there already.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    I am so happy that it went
    I am so happy that it went well. You may want to ask when you get your shot about Clariton, it really helps with the side effects of the Neulasta.

Wishing you all the best.
    ~Carol
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Double Post

Double Post
  • ender
    ender Member Posts: 167
    Options
    camul said:

Double Post

Double Post

So happy to hear you are
    So happy to hear you are doing well!!!

Eva
  • margz35
    margz35 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Sounds like we are on the same plan!
    Good for you - looking forward to being a cyber buddy - we are a couple of days apart. How are you doing now?
    Margz
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    cavediver said:

congrats....you are on your way
    Glad to hear #1 went well........hydrate and rest up..... never know what side effects we get...each of us was so different. I am hoping you will have no problems....but even if you do....you can find the strength deep inside to push forward. If not, just reach out to us and we will send cyber hugs and support. So, you are 1/4 through.........keep strong, and keep us posted. Hugs hugs to you.....

Glad to read Nancy that you
    Glad to read Nancy that you are doing well. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts.

Jan
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Nancy
    Way to go! You just may do fine without too many side effects. Good luck with the 3 you have left.
    Hugs,
    Annette
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

Nancy
    Way to go! You just may do fine without too many side effects. Good luck with the 3 you have left.
    Hugs,
    Annette

Yay for the first one down
    I know you were very worried and stressed out about the first treatment and I'm glad that you are doing good. I ate everything in sight too. I always thought you were supposed to loose weight while on chemo, but in my case I gained 10 pounds. My mom always says I don't do anything like normal people lol.

Take good care of yourself and drink drink drink lots of water.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320
    Options

Yay for the first one down
    I know you were very worried and stressed out about the first treatment and I'm glad that you are doing good. I ate everything in sight too. I always thought you were supposed to loose weight while on chemo, but in my case I gained 10 pounds. My mom always says I don't do anything like normal people lol.

Take good care of yourself and drink drink drink lots of water.

Hugs,

Dawne

Yay Nancy! The hardest part
    Yay Nancy! The hardest part is over! It's always the first chemo that is the most difficult. Glad to hear you are doing okay. You are probably sick of hearing this, but, DRINK LOTS OF WATER! I had to go every week to the clinic to get IV fluids & electrolytes-not fun! Good luck to you. You will be in my prayers.

Be Well,
    Dianne
  • JoAnn4818
    JoAnn4818 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    On the way to being done!
    Nancy,

The first one is the worst. It's just not knowing what to expect that adds to it. I'm glad you're doing well so far!

JoAnn
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    JoAnn4818 said:

On the way to being done!
    Nancy,

The first one is the worst. It's just not knowing what to expect that adds to it. I'm glad you're doing well so far!

JoAnn

great that you have one down....
    and best luck for the others. It;s excellent that you are planning to take off this week..I made the mistake of trying to push myself too much after my first FEC and learned that was not a good idea. The second one I planned to do nothing at all but rest and it went much more smoothly.

Laura
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    natly15 said:

Wishing you the best with
    Wishing you the best with very little side effects. As someone said you are a 1/4 of the way there already.

1 down is terrific! Praying
    1 down is terrific! Praying for little or no side effects for you.

HUGS!